Show Us Your White Dog's

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately dug a very promising young white bitch of mine dead on Sunday... mother to the pups a few pages back... in a place that has been previously dug a few times at 1.6m.. bitch entered at 11am on a hillside in a one holer and was located  10 minutes later at her fox at 3.4m...was let sit for 15 minutes boxed again... so work began for we knew the bitch wouldn't shift and it was going to be a tough job... I couldn't have been stuck in a nasty spot  with 2 better men..me and 2 other members of this forum...The human hymac and big glen ross the 2nd...known both lads for years.

So grafter and shovel were set to..to cud sods... not happening and so it went with pinch bar and fork and grafter...and shovel the odd time to scrap what little soil there was...for 9 solid hours..

My hands were cramping by the end...the human hymac broke the tooth on the forks but didn't break a sweat... big glenn ross the 2nd held up atlas stone type boulders so we could along  with strongstuff leads and collars could get them strapped and hauled or rolled out the hole and in the end up had to get lorry slings as well .. Sean broke through to her at 8.45pm in real tight red compact clay...she was cold.. and fox was 2 inches away...  bitch was cold but hadnt her tongue out? So dead how long I dont know.. but she didn't shift once...a hard loss. 

IMG-20190923-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20190925_205929.jpg

IMG-20190923-WA0004.jpg

Edited by stop.end
  • Like 5
  • Sad 12

Always hard to take when you lose one. You play the what ifs over and over in your head but it's part and parcel with the terrier game. At least you can take solace from a good performance from her and that the blood was right and will hopefully be the same with her pups.

• Like 2

Bad luck SE I hate to hear of any dog lost to ground my pal lost one last season and I did the season before it leaves a big dent in the kennels. You have pups of her which is good, it's the main reason why I breed off bitches early in their career. Good luck with her pups.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Apache... said:

Bad luck SE I hate to hear of any dog lost to ground my pal lost one last season and I did the season before it leaves a big dent in the kennels. You have pups of her which is good, it's the main reason why I breed off bitches early in their career. Good luck with her pups.

The father of the pups also stayed to the death last season, he was dug out of a 2.6IMG_20190418_220346.jpg.0ac605e02516b430d3151bf6e8d2587b.jpgm spot dead with his fox straight in front of him...he was a 3rd season dog with a good lot of testing digs over him... it was a mistake mating a black patterdale dog to a white bitch...but im so glad now that it happened..yes definitely leaves a void in the kennels.. but on the upside ive still the old bitch here and shes ready to break soon so hopefully I'll get her mated and ive 3 cracking strong pups here that I kept back the one and only black dog from the litter and 2 white bitches from the litter just turned 13 months the other day and seem promising sorts.. time will tell...that was the only black pup in the whole litter all the rest were white...