All my veg seems fine except my radish which are getting eaten by slugs....I wanted to be organic but don't have energy for midnight slug hunts....shall I just get some slug pellets?

You could try putting slug pellets between the radish and we're the slugs come from I.e pile of stones/wood etc then pellets would be away from your raddish..

Not saying it would work but somebody advised me to something similar..

I was on the phone today while there was a gardening program on. So I wasn't really listening to the show but I did hear him say he grew his radishes in amongst two other vegtables that masked the smell of the radishes from pests.

Sorry I can't be of more help but it might be worth looking at and the radishes he was pulling up were perfect.

I'm guessing it's slugs. Holes in some of them and leaves getting eaten. I'll put some beer traps in and if that doesn't​ work I'll go full nuclear

Edited by DIDO.1

I've used slug pellets!

Next year I'll plan ahead and use a deterrent. I was to late this year...they were already among my plants and had to die.... quickly

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive three water barrels that run into each other. In the last one i put a bucket of road salt from the yellow grit bins and left it overnight. Stirred it next day and been watering down the sides of my allotment with the salty water, so far not a single slug or snail touched my cabbages.

• Like 1