Defrosting Meat.summer Time.

I know the experienced lads will know this but the lads new to dogs might benefit from it.

The best way to defrost meat in this heat is in a bucket of cold water placed in the shade.

No flys.and no chance of the meat going off in this heat as chicken can turn in a matter of hrs.

Here's an example.

Last summer about 28c that day.

I put 4 frozen chicken backs in a bucket of water about 9am.and placed in the shade all day.

8pm that night I pulled them out and through habit smelled them.they were as fresh as the day I bought them.

In my eyes it's a perfect way to defrost all types of meat

I would reccomend putting a clean brick or some kind of weight on the meat.

To make sure it's totaly submerged.

Enjoy the sun.

• Like 13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the experienced lads will know this but the lads new to dogs might benefit from it. The best way to defrost meat in this heat is in a bucket of cold water placed in the shade. No flys.and no

They'll eat it frozen or semi frozen, I use a bucket myself but I'm not shy of giving them meat that's froze either

Dogs will happily eat frozen meat without any problems ... same as the ferrets I chuck in a frozen rabbit at night and take out the remains in the morning ... no flies no mess no smell ......

Posted Images

Dogs will happily eat frozen meat without any problems ... same as the ferrets I chuck in a frozen rabbit at night and take out the remains in the morning ... no flies no mess no smell ......

• Like 8

Always bag my meat up in daily portions before freezing it-used to spend ages chopping big arse blocks of frozen carcasses with a machete lol-shit be flying everywhere and the garden be a mess with the flies and bits of bone and meat everywhere lol-I use the old bucket of water now the sun's out-good bit of advice king ;)- my ferrets quite enjoy a half defrosted rabbit aswell ken,like you say less mess.this threads just reminded me time to give the meat man a ring for another 100 kg of fresh carcasses and backs.atb dc

• Like 3

Always bag my meat up in daily portions before freezing it-used to spend ages chopping big arse blocks of frozen carcasses with a machete lol-shit be flying everywhere and the garden be a mess with the flies and bits of bone and meat everywhere lol-I use the old bucket of water now the sun's out-good bit of advice king ;)- my ferrets quite enjoy a half defrosted rabbit aswell ken,like you say less mess.this threads just reminded me time to give the meat man a ring for another 100 kg of fresh carcasses and backs.atb dc

Buy your carcass and back fresh saves that messing about just bag it up quick Found you could see how much meat was actually on the carcass buying it fresh.

I give my dogs half frozen lamb chicken and beef does no harm at all apart from maybe makes there body work abit harder to digest I sometimes boil the kettle get it straight out the freezer scald it and straight down to them . I don't see wolves complaining when there eating a frozen carcass they seem to manage it ok.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 2

None of us like to feed meat past its freshness but no harm will come if fly free .The water method is a good tip mate .I leave out overnight indoors on a tray

and fridge it before work .Will try the bucket though as will be right temp to feed IMO. Nice one king .