Hi all i recently got my first shotgun cert and am looling for some information on buying cartridges my question is can you buy bulk online and if so what do you need do you need to send a photocopy of your cert and do you have to deliver to a gunsmiths or can you deliver to your home adress any info would be greatly apreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Bulk purchasing is the only way to get cartridges anything like 'cheap'.

But it depends on how many you use or expect to use, unless your a rabid clay shot

or you decoy pigeons on a weekly basis buying say 2,000 shells is a bit of a pointless

investment.

Also you need to be sure that the shells you buy are actually 'any good' for the application

you are intending to use them on. For example 28gr plasi-wad 7 1/2's are fine for most clay

shooting(these will be the cheapest), but really these are not ideal for live quarry, in my opinion

and in my guns I want to use 32gr felt wad No5 shot, and these most definitely are not the

cheapest loads. So you see buying a shedload of cheap cartridges may not be even your second best

option. I suggest you get a bit of experience first, trying this and that a box or two at a time, and

when you think you've got the answer, buy a 'slab' of 250.

This way you have a decent stock but not 'to many' so if they are not the best match it doesn't matter.

AF