Back Breeding

Kind of what I meant ...close inbreeding.

Ideal if you have the stock that are tip top to start with and want to get traits "fixed"

Wouldn't mother to son give similar results if she had the qualities you wanted?

No

It's not as simple as that due to the requirement of the original stud being used again and again

Simply put , the stock would diminish from the female at a much accelerated rate than should the progeny be produced from an elderly father

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by the time the sire is proven to be worthy of breeding off the first time say 4 yr old then you wait for his daughter to be 4 yr old then her daughter then her daughter and so on you wont have that

FFS breed two decent dogs and pick one of the pups put some decent food in it ,some time and effort and get on with it. Stop looking for the fecking super dog and enjoy yourself and your dog.

What a load of bollocks no wonder there's so much shit being bred

Kind of what I meant ...close inbreeding.

Ideal if you have the stock that are tip top to start with and want to get traits "fixed"

Wouldn't mother to son give similar results if she had the qualities you wanted?

No

It's not as simple as that due to the requirement of the original stud being used again and again

Simply put , the stock would diminish from the female at a much accelerated rate than should the progeny be produced from an elderly father

I see the female would be limited on the amount of matings she could do.

But the theory is only as good as the 1st mating ,if that goes tits up ,you are back to square one ,but I see where the plan goes if each mating and pup works out ,keeping all or a lot of the bitches would be key though to use the best of the bunch,and having an equal up bringing and schooling to judge.

Would take a lot of time and game to test i'd imagine.

best of luck and hope it works out

Although greeny was right earlier

A bull greyhound line or a good saluki greyhound line to the exclusion of any other breed would be almost tailor made for this breeding pattern to be done upon

The canine perfection of the a p b t and the greyhound would allow uniformity to occur pretty rapid

Lol

So thousands of pigeon men and chicken men have used a "load of wank" for decades have they?

That's your opinion and your entitled to it, you've earned it, let no one take that away from you

I'm pretty sure I can read between the lines and see what the original posters end game is , I wish him all the best

Must be some dog pal , good luck to you

So thousands of pigeon men and chicken men have used a "load of wank" for decades have they?

The numbers of young birds pigeon men stick in the wheelie bin or race to death as yb's / yearlings to see if they make decent birds is phenomenal.

To do this effectively with dogs, in my mind you would need to put work through the pups of litter 1 for at least 2 years till they matured enough to show potential. Some mature slower than others but make far better workers in every aspect of dog work from sporting to cattle to assist dogs.

I appreciate and understand the aim of the exercise and I understand how the breeds we have today came to be but there is a lot to be said for putting quality into quality from separate (or at least not too closely related) lines.

I'd be interested to know what the breeding coefficient of these pups would be after say 3 generations.

• Like 3

The bitches don't really matter mate

Only their bloodline

so you would use a unproven bitch because she carries the blood to half decent grafters? Best to best still don't garantee you produce better-so why throw a lemon into the mix? Bitches need to be as good as or better than the sire imo-I have a bitch here breed from a line of good dogs,but she don't do what I want from a dog-so do I take the chance that she would produce anything on par with the dogs in her make up?would I f**k take that chance...she be backfill first and I'd start from scratch again.I'm sorry if I'm missing something here but this statement is cod shit-I know lads who have done what you say...seen them take my pals hard earned cash and sold them nothing more than a dream-watch them waste time feeding shit for nearly 2 yrs then making excuses for them lol.why there's so much shit about.atvb dc
  • Like 4

Lol

That's your opinion and your entitled to it, you've earned it, let no one take that away from you

I'm pretty sure I can read between the lines and see what the original posters end game is , I wish him all the best

Must be some dog pal , good luck to you

Your input matters nothing to me your just another mong with a finger that can type

• Like 1