Back Breeding

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by the time the sire is proven to be worthy of breeding off the first time say 4 yr old then you wait for his daughter to be 4 yr old then her daughter then her daughter and so on you wont have that

FFS breed two decent dogs and pick one of the pups put some decent food in it ,some time and effort and get on with it. Stop looking for the fecking super dog and enjoy yourself and your dog.

What a load of bollocks no wonder there's so much shit being bred

I was never s big fan of inbreeding but I will be honest it's not a bad thing is you want the same stamp of dog as has been said I keep racing pigeons and it's proven that inbreeding does keep the line tight and keep the winning ability there as does dogs I'm not saying inbreed till there stupidly in bred but keep the key dogs strong in the line bred x for me is always grandparents to grandchildren I always think that's the ideal breeding because you gone back to the originals ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Penda said:

I was never s big fan of inbreeding but I will be honest it's not a bad thing is you want the same stamp of dog as has been said I keep racing pigeons and it's proven that inbreeding does keep the line tight and keep the winning ability there as does dogs I'm not saying inbreed till there stupidly in bred but keep the key dogs strong in the line bred x for me is always grandparents to grandchildren I always think that's the ideal breeding because you gone back to the originals ?

Used to practice inbeeding/line breeding with red canarys for showing it does work but with with avian the turn over is a lot faster as you know being a pigeon man it’s year to year with the dogs it’s a long process if done correctly an goals can’t change from the beginning?? I’d like to dabble in close bred stuff from what I got now but think it’s to much of a challenge if your trying to keep best worker to best worker an close breed I think you gotta choose one or the other as a lot of kennel blindness comes in to it when close breeding

• Like 2
8 hours ago, poxon said:

Used to practice inbeeding/line breeding with red canarys for showing it does work but with with avian the turn over is a lot faster as you know being a pigeon man it’s year to year with the dogs it’s a long process if done correctly an goals can’t change from the beginning?? I’d like to dabble in close bred stuff from what I got now but think it’s to much of a challenge if your trying to keep best worker to best worker an close breed I think you gotta choose one or the other as a lot of kennel blindness comes in to it when close breeding

Yeah that's right mate hit the nail on the head if a dogs or a line of dogs are doing the job for you then only way to solidify what you've got is to line breed 1 of the best lurcher I ever had  was the result of an uncle to niece breeding if I could get the breed again id give my right arm and a packet of smarties

• Like 2

If you read thread from start to finish the original poster states it’s a long way round to creating a line which is so far from the truth as to be a downright lie  .Fastest way to fix traits is to stick to  one common denominator ie the dog .

Breed your  stud  to very closely bred bitches of the right sort and pick another stud from same breeding for future use ,repeat .Done it for years with terriers .

9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If you read thread from start to finish the original poster states it’s a long way round to creating a line which is so far from the truth as to be a downright lie  .Fastest way to fix traits is to stick to  one common denominator ie the dog .

Breed your  stud  to very closely bred bitches of the right sort and pick another stud from same breeding for future use ,repeat .Done it for years with terriers .

Should do a book about it 

2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

With inbreeding would u say uncle 2 niece is better than grandsire granddaughters mating and how long do u expect 2 keep this up before an outcross is needed 

Hmmmm that's a tricky 1 grandparents to grandchildren then back to uncle and cousins can be done quite a few times and remember the out cross you wanna bring in must be of same type of breeding other wise your just pissing in the wind any body else wanna shed some light on this 

2 minutes ago, Penda said:

Hmmmm that's a tricky 1 grandparents to grandchildren then back to uncle and cousins can be done quite a few times and remember the out cross you wanna bring in must be of same type of breeding other wise your just pissing in the wind any body else wanna shed some light on this 

U sound abit clueless

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

U sound abit clueless

Yes I am sorry I'm just trying to throw some knowledge in the bag to help this post may be somebody else is out there or may be more then 1 maybe 2 or even 3 who know about this type of thing 

1 minute ago, Penda said:

Yes I am sorry I'm just trying to throw some knowledge in the bag to help this post may be somebody else is out there or may be more then 1 maybe 2 or even 3 who know about this type of thing 

With lurchers there's already more than 1 breed in the mix say you was line breeding black terriers I don't think u could do it many times before u got problems