Back Breeding

Lol

So thousands of pigeon men and chicken men have used a "load of wank" for decades have they?

That's your opinion and your entitled to it, you've earned it, let no one take that away from you

I'm pretty sure I can read between the lines and see what the original posters end game is , I wish him all the best

Must be some dog pal , good luck to you

Your input matters nothing to me your just another mong

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by the time the sire is proven to be worthy of breeding off the first time say 4 yr old then you wait for his daughter to be 4 yr old then her daughter then her daughter and so on you wont have that

FFS breed two decent dogs and pick one of the pups put some decent food in it ,some time and effort and get on with it. Stop looking for the fecking super dog and enjoy yourself and your dog.

What a load of bollocks no wonder there's so much shit being bred

The bitches don't really matter mate

Only their bloodline

so you would use a unproven bitch because she carries the blood to half decent grafters? Best to best still don't garantee you produce better-so why throw a lemon into the mix? Bitches need to be as good as or better than the sire imo-I have a bitch here breed from a line of good dogs,but she don't do what I want from a dog-so do I take the chance that she would produce anything on par with the dogs in her make up?would I f**k take that chance...she be backfill first and I'd start from scratch again.I'm sorry if I'm missing something here but this statement is cod shit-I know lads who have done what you say...seen them take my pals hard earned cash and sold them nothing more than a dream-watch them waste time feeding shit for nearly 2 yrs then making excuses for them lol.why there's so much shit about.atvb dc

In a word

No

But if say for example I had a very good young dog that was hard, worked well, had a proven bloodline and strong physical attributes I'd look for an older well worked bitch with a similar stamp / history and mate then

Keep a bitch pup, prove that whilst simultaneously working the dog , put it back to its sire when ready

Keep a bitch, then work that alongside its grand sire / sire before proving that and breeding it back again before the old dog goes old bones

A house of cards? Possibly, but with the foundation of a proven sire at its corner stone , it's a gamble I would take rather than running around lashing unrelated unknowns together

Just a thought

• Like 1

The bitches don't really matter mate

Only their bloodline

so you would use a unproven bitch because she carries the blood to half decent grafters? Best to best still don't garantee you produce better-so why throw a lemon into the mix? Bitches need to be as good as or better than the sire imo-I have a bitch here breed from a line of good dogs,but she don't do what I want from a dog-so do I take the chance that she would produce anything on par with the dogs in her make up?would I f**k take that chance...she be backfill first and I'd start from scratch again.I'm sorry if I'm missing something here but this statement is cod shit-I know lads who have done what you say...seen them take my pals hard earned cash and sold them nothing more than a dream-watch them waste time feeding shit for nearly 2 yrs then making excuses for them lol.why there's so much shit about.atvb dc
In a word

No

But if say for example I had a very good young dog that was hard, worked well, had a proven bloodline and strong physical attributes I'd look for an older well worked bitch with a similar stamp / history and mate then

Keep a bitch pup, prove that whilst simultaneously working the dog , put it back to its sire when ready

Keep a bitch, then work that alongside its grand sire / sire before proving that and breeding it back again before the old dog goes old bones

A house of cards? Possibly, but with the foundation of a proven sire at its corner stone , it's a gamble I would take rather than running around lashing unrelated unknowns together

Just a thought

Thank you for you're installed Inpull..ive learnt a lot

Works well in theory/on paper but when your out and about working your dogs season after season it isn't always that easy...ive been trying for years myself..and a run of bad luck can piss all over your chips.personally never bred from a bitch with less than 4 seasons under her...one time I used a young well bred dog who's back ground I knew(I owned and bred it's grandsire/sire it f****d everything up for me...im being honest...wouldn't risk it again.I'd take my old bitch to the oldest dog I could find that's still doing the biz and have my fingers crossed-there's no sure fire winning formula imo.atb dc

• Like 2

That breeding dai talking about has been used by show dog breeders for ages,but they just look at their dogs to test them..Do we really need a dog that finely bred such as greys and pits.At the end of the day our dogs are here to provide us with sport, not a living in most cases.Being a dog man I couldn't condone the severe culling needed in these breedings to create a dog that was no better at its job than a decent worker to worker.

I call Father to Daughter line breeding, not only used for looks & type in pedigrees, but also to establish desirable traits in working dogs, seen it many times with mixed results. In both Dogs and Ferrets

Never heard of a breeding method called Back Breeding , explain it please ?

Very surprised that you never heard of back breeding as its used with the dedicated breeders

Superior dog and bitch are bred a female pup is kept --- breed this female to her father -- keep a female pup then breed her to her father -- and so on always using the original sire . Takes years to produce the desired goal .

It's another name for line breeding so.

The very first inbred line I ever encountered was a line of excellent Jack Russell where the stud covered his own daughter, grand daughter, then gr. grand daughter and so on.

It sounds too Plummerish to me when folk talk about generations to get a "desired result" as a serious breeder sorts out each generation as they come and if that doesn't work out he takes one step back.

It's just another name for line breeding and there's nothing brave about doing it as it's done by most breeders who use common sense to constantly have good dogs about them.

• Like 1

Dai the hardiest bit would be finding the right people to help you with it some will sell a dog on if its raining that day and they don't want to get wet walking it.iv bred my Owen stuff for over 20year and you will get let down over and over by so called good homes so jest be prepared for all that crap.atb with it or and you to fuking old now lol

• Like 1

There was 2 purebred mother x son litters from already related parents and some of the pups had leg probs and were lacking in substance, also there was some lurchers bred back to sire for 3-4 gens and they started getting 1 pup litters and gave up, don't know if they were alright physically and mentally

I practice proper line breeding with canarys for the show bench the amount of yearly wastage is out this world I keep records of everything it's hard work if you want to do it correctly it's not going to be a easy with lurchers at all with canarys it's a fast turn over I average from the 2015-2016 breeding season 2015 I bred 53 young with only one being any good for the show bench An 2016 out of 56 young 2 being any good for showing I done very well at the national show showing but that's from a show mans point of view with lurchers it's going to be one hell of a task for proper line breeding your going to have to be ruthless as they come culling year or two old bitches if there of no use as there's no use being kennel blind your have to put all dog pups down at birth only saving dog pups from the bitches every couple of times there bred just in case the original stud dog dies so you have blood line to back track on one hell of a task if you ask me if it was that easy there'd be lines of lurchers that breed true to type An produce guaranteed workers every time all I'd say about n the matter is don't be kennel blind An cull hard An don't enter in to Hancock status with the coin

• Like 3

Dai the hardiest bit would be finding the right people to help you with it some will sell a dog on if its raining that day and they don't want to get wet walking it.iv bred my Owen stuff for over 20year and you will get let down over and over by so called good homes so jest be prepared for all that crap.atb with it or and you to fuking old now lol

I agree with that