Back Breeding

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by the time the sire is proven to be worthy of breeding off the first time say 4 yr old then you wait for his daughter to be 4 yr old then her daughter then her daughter and so on you wont have that

FFS breed two decent dogs and pick one of the pups put some decent food in it ,some time and effort and get on with it. Stop looking for the fecking super dog and enjoy yourself and your dog.

What a load of bollocks no wonder there's so much shit being bred

What happens if your bitches in the program start lacking in something? Do you just keep doing it and end up with dirt?constantly having pups on the ground ?I've known folk who have done similar...they don't have anything I'd want to kennel if im honest. May work for some but only if your honest and not a dream seller.atb dc

• Like 4

What happens if your bitches in the program start lacking in something? Do you just keep doing it and end up with dirt?constantly having pups on the ground ?I've known folk who have done similar...they don't have anything I'd want to kennel if im honest. May work for some but only if your honest and not a dream seller.atb dc

Did the folk you know breed from a Superior pair ? Breed until weakness is apparent or the goal is reached it is not for the faint at Heart atb dd

by the time the sire is proven to be worthy of breeding off the first time say 4 yr old then you wait for his daughter to be 4 yr old then her daughter then her daughter and so on you wont have that sire around long enough to do it more than 3 times unless your in a rush and looking to make a buck out of doing it and breeding out unsound and un tested dogs

myself i cant see the point in it its inbreeding to feck atb dh

• Like 10

by the time the sire is proven to be worthy of breeding off the first time say 4 yr old then you wait for his daughter to be 4 yr old then her daughter then her daughter and so on you wont have that sire around long enough to do it more than 3 times unless your in a rush and looking to make a buck out of doing it and breeding out unsound and un tested dogs

my thoughts exactly. Atb dc

my thoughts exactly. Atb dc

Thats Superior BOLLOCKS

You could get a few straws from the dog before he dies,I imagine if you were making this sort of commitment the dog would have to be something else,so you'd want him tested hard for more than 2-3 seasons.

You wouldn't be able to breed successfully with just one pair say father daughter An keep going like that you'd probably get to third generation before the dog meets his maker as time would catch up with him unless you breed out of young gear then you'd get a few more generations in to the line but your probably better off starting with your stud then keeping 3 or more cast very close related greyhounds and culling hard the shit ones also you'd need a army of blokes with the same dedication as your self to keep a close line going

You wouldn't be able to breed successfully with just one pair say father daughter An keep going like that you'd probably get to third generation before the dog meets his maker as time would catch up with him unless you breed out of young gear then you'd get a few more generations in to the line but your probably better off starting with your stud then keeping 3 or more cast very close related greyhounds and culling hard the shit ones also you'd need a army of blokes with the same dedication as your self to keep a close line going

I Could get what is desired in the first or second back breeding so would not need to go any Further I can but try

• Like 1

Never heard of a breeding method called Back Breeding , explain it please ?

Very surprised that you never heard of back breeding as its used with the dedicated breeders

Superior dog and bitch are bred a female pup is kept --- breed this female to her father -- keep a female pup then breed her to her father -- and so on always using the original sire . Takes years to produce the desired goal .

why didn't you just say line breeding.it'll be alright then.