Best Guard Dog

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter...... :yes:

All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk about a particular breed of Devil dawg and suchlike,.. is total bollocks...

IF someone really want to get past a vicious man killer, they will simply take its eye out with a .22....

Best way to avoid a dog robber or a ferret thief,.is to shut the feck up,.. about how good your stock is...

For the record, I don't do any hunting,..my dogs are 100% pets,..I don't keep ferrets ,...and I am an OAP.... :laugh::laugh:

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter...... :yes:

All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk about a particular breed of Devil dawg and suchlike,.. is total bollocks...

IF someone really want to get past a vicious man killer, they will simply take its eye out with a .22....

Best way to avoid a dog robber or a ferret thief,.is to shut the feck up,.. about how good your stock is...

For the record, I don't do any hunting,..my dogs are 100% pets,..I don't keep ferrets ,...and I am an OAP.... :laugh::laugh:

It is true what your saying if someone wanted to get into your dogs they could but like you say it's a detterant mainly to put the mrs mind at rest when I'm lamping or working nights

• Like 1

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

You need to come and see me mate when you want a guard dog il show you some decent stuff for the job genuine stuff not these silly breeds I've known people go for all these exotic breeds and they've ended up with the good old gsd you can't go wrong

I know mate I think I'm just going to end up putting my gum shield on and some gloves n just turn up one of them off you, mrs wouldn't like it but she doesn't like her own shadow

What about a collie x shepherd?

If you're not in a rush,probably be healthier than a shepherd too.

If you want a serious protection dog I'd find a good trainer first and go with their recommendation.

you only get all them health problems when you go down the show line of the dogs the shepherd bitch I've got is more to the working side she has good strong back strong legs you can tell the difference mate believe me

I've know quite a few working shepherds suffer with their health too,a friend's import had to be put down last year because of health complications at 8 years old.

Crosses are usually healthier in most breeds,I think it's a bit of show blood creeping in.

You need to come and see me mate when you want a guard dog il show you some decent stuff for the job genuine stuff not these silly breeds I've known people go for all these exotic breeds and they've ended up with the good old gsd you can't go wrong

I know mate I think I'm just going to end up putting my gum shield on and some gloves n just turn up one of them off you, mrs wouldn't like it but she doesn't like her own shadow

If you want a serious protection dog I'd find a good trainer first and go with their recommendation.

you only get all them health problems when you go down the show line of the dogs the shepherd bitch I've got is more to the working side she has good strong back strong legs you can tell the difference mate believe me

I've know quite a few working shepherds suffer with their health too,a friend's import had to be put down last year because of health complications at 8 years old.

Crosses are usually healthier in most breeds,I think it's a bit of show blood creeping in.

its just your luck mate I know what your saying i know people who've had shepherd die with health problems at the age of two it's not nice but this can happen in any to be fair although obviously a mungrel type are more robust but then you've got the collie and unfortunately I've known collies to suffer with problems it's just your luck let's face it you get a dog to 10 you've done well ?

Caucasian shepherd nothings coming in your yard or farm

Sod that lol there basically kangals, very protective dogs good as protecting livestock too but like a lot of breeds unless it's in very good hands it's a very dangerous tool to play around with

its just your luck mate I know what your saying i know people who've had shepherd die with health problems at the age of two it's not nice but this can happen in any to be fair although obviously a mungrel type are more robust but then you've got the collie and unfortunately I've known collies to suffer with problems it's just your luck let's face it you get a dog to 10 you've done well

Definitely a bit of luck involved,but if it's got greyhound or collie in it it's usually going to be a very healthy dog imo

First crosses too have a bit of hybrid vigour too,that's to blame for the rise of the cocker-poo :laugh:

your average burgler isn't going to do a health test of your GSD.

Caucasian shepherd nothings coming in your yard or farm

Definitely agree with you mate if i was after a guard dog that would be my choice. my brother has a pair and few friends have them becoming very popular guard dog around my neck of woods. They are big strong , very alert for a big dog and vocal . My brothers dogs are never in they kennels rain sleet or snow like to sit out . In summer will needs trimming or clipping grooming etc . Just the size of them scares you lol

• Like 2

its just your luck mate I know what your saying i know people who've had shepherd die with health problems at the age of two it's not nice but this can happen in any to be fair although obviously a mungrel type are more robust but then you've got the collie and unfortunately I've known collies to suffer with problems it's just your luck let's face it you get a dog to 10 you've done well

Definitely a bit of luck involved,but if it's got greyhound or collie in it it's usually going to be a very healthy dog imo

First crosses too have a bit of hybrid vigour too,that's to blame for the rise of the cocker-poo :laugh:

collies can be prone to fits I had a collie greyhound bitch as a kid and she used to fit terrible sometimes and a friend of mine lost a good working collie not long back through having a bad fit

collies can be prone to fits I had a collie greyhound bitch as a kid and she used to fit terrible sometimes and a friend of mine lost a good working collie not long back through having a bad fit

i had collies for 22 years.never had a fit

1 bit my nephew,dad and sisters x but not a fit.bit my nephew loads.3 legged ted,got hit by a car .lived till 15.pts because he went deaf.never got artritis even though he only used 1 back leg for 10 years.

• Like 1

Get a pup of a breed known to have guarding traits and let it be your missus' dog and a family dog and it will do the job.

This collie cross of mine is an absolute cnut but woe betide anyone who goes near my family if I'm not there.

• Like 2