Best Guard Dog

Go and have a chat with someone who knows what there on about mate it's not really the breed you should be worried about its the atitude of individual dogs. I've 2 young Dutch herders and they are like chalk and cheese one would make a cracking yard dog the other would be shit but will bite no trouble if told.

If your after something just to watch your garden be careful with a Mali. there not really that sort of dog.ive seen a Tibetan mastiff the other day shit was not he word remember anything too big is a job to hold back sometimes and it's your responsibility to make sure the dog don't hurt no one its shouldn't.

any photo's c green of your dutchies.?
after some of the stuff that been said on here past couple of days about shepherds no mate none to go up on the forum.

i wouldn't worry about what anybody say's on here to much.probably more to do with ignorance than expertise.let's have a look.

If your desperate to see them drop me a PM.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter......   All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk abo

Just a shout for the bouvier as an excellent natural guard and bomb proof with the family. Had this bitch from 9 weeks old and she has never put a foot wrong, bit of handful in the her youth but once

Few pics

Posted Images

Thanks for the replies iv had a rotty and grew up with boxer dogs both were exceptional guard dogs but neither liked being outside in all weathers especially the boxer the rotti was better with weather conditions but wasn't anywhere as near as good with kids as the boxers always were

Get yourself a well bred mali

i thought they had to be worked or they do nuts.i think he's just after a yard dog.i'd say bull mastiff.
. A malli will work the yard or perimeter consistently day in day out work can depend what the animal his wanted from it.atb bunnys.

You need to come and see me mate when you want a guard dog il show you some decent stuff for the job genuine stuff not these silly breeds I've known people go for all these exotic breeds and they've ended up with the good old gsd you can't go wrong

I know mate I think I'm just going to end up putting my gum shield on and some gloves n just turn up one of them off you, mrs wouldn't like it but she doesn't like her own shadow

You need to come and see me mate when you want a guard dog il show you some decent stuff for the job genuine stuff not these silly breeds I've known people go for all these exotic breeds and they've ended up with the good old gsd you can't go wrong

I know mate I think I'm just going to end up putting my gum shield on and some gloves n just turn up one of them off you, mrs wouldn't like it but she doesn't like her own shadow

What about a collie x shepherd?

If you're not in a rush,probably be healthier than a shepherd too.

If you want a serious protection dog I'd find a good trainer first and go with their recommendation.

• Like 1

you won't go wrong my friend trouble is a lot of these fancy breeds are just show ponies you want a dog that's got abit about it not a nervous biter or something unpredictable
  • Like 1

What about a collie x shepherd?

If you're not in a rush,probably be healthier than a shepherd too.

If you want a serious protection dog I'd find a good trainer first and go with their recommendation.

you only get all them health problems when you go down the show line of the dogs the shepherd bitch I've got is more to the working side she has good strong back strong legs you can tell the difference mate believe me
  • Like 1

Good GSD and you won't go wrong. People see them shit themselves. And they great family dogs.

deff brill family dogs, they are a very loyal breed . Buck dam she got alot of E/Europe lines in her ped , she pure black 24in and strong bitch , she very good guard and great family dog , i reckon you think twice coming the yard if you didnt know her. The best watch/guard dogs are a well bred alsatian =gsd or well bred rottie , either breed will stop joe public , i think the gsd prob just bit better , as it handle the cold and wet better than the rottie , and the gad be alot more vocal, and deff need that, yu want a dog to let you know somebody about, well before they get on your property deff and another thing they are chilled out more than most mals, as mals , are more of a hyper breed than a gsd , so that another thing to think about . what ever you get make sure it from good proven working lines with good hip scores , as gsd's and few other big breeds get it real bad . :yes:

you want to get a silent killer because if i was your neighbour and a dog barked and barked every time somebody walked passed it would piss everybody off.

That's the thing mate there's a fine line, one of our old boxer dogs would lie in the back yard and watch people walk past the back fence no problem wouldn't take his eyes off them until they was gone but wouldn't bark or anything either but if somebody was to even lean on the back fence he would see them off, he wasn't your average joe boxer either he wasn't the racey show type he was a German import fantastic family pet but knew his job too, very boystrous around young kids not aggressive towards them at all but not gentle either, I want something with his mindset but more gentle around the youngsters maybe I'm asking too much??

As a deterrent,.the average GSD is the boss,...folk are scared of them,...its kinda engrained in our psych to be spooked by a wolf like critter...... :yes:

All this silly,.. Billy Big Bollocks talk about a particular breed of Devil dawg and suchlike,.. is total bollocks...

IF someone really want to get past a vicious man killer, they will simply take its eye out with a .22....

Best way to avoid a dog robber or a ferret thief,.is to shut the feck up,.. about how good your stock is...

For the record, I don't do any hunting,..my dogs are 100% pets,..I don't keep ferrets ,...and I am an OAP.... :laugh::laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1