Collie Lurcher X Bedlington Lurchers Usefulness Past An Present

Mines terrible. Pretty sure I got the odd one out. Mines ridiculously sensitive......keeps her distance from who ever when ever.......she's also the most sensitive dog to wet weather I have ever come across. Please don't let my experience put you off.

Edited by wuyang

Mines terrible. Pretty sure I got the odd one out. Mines ridiculously sensitive......keeps her distance from who ever when ever.......she's also the most sensitive dog to wet weather I have ever come across. Please don't let my experience put you off.

think you got the sort straw mate

Still got the spaniel cross mate?

Got one now shes 9 years old looks like a hairy version of sandymeres dog easy to live with i would have another, great nose for mooching , that must be the beddy, collie traits, runs when she can get a result, and often does, more intelligent than most, no worldbeater but she earns her keep and thats what counts.

• Like 1

I bred this cross the beginning of last year out of my Collie/greyhound xwhippet greyhound to a class half x bedlington x greyhound I kept a real cracking bitch for my Sen she was a little demon really easy trained An entered to the ferreting crack like a duck to water her ability to find gear to run was bang on but sadly I lost her due to circumstances out of my control I was just wondering if any one else runs the cross An there thoughts are on them I'm just surprised not more people run the traditional bred gear tbh

• Like 1

Still got the spaniel cross mate?

Hello Mustelid,,,,

Yes still got her.....she's a lovely dog, I can't sing her praises highly enough for daytime hunting about. Not the fastest dog I've owned, but catches the most game and gives me the most pleasure. She's a bloody clever dog, she herds , stalks and drops a hell of a lot when playing with my other bitch.....so although she's half spaniel there seems to be a strong collie trait in there somewhere......and its come out in a good way for me for a change. She has her real busy side if she scents something, but also a very methodical scanning side to her where she is a lot more stealth. Her skill with hunting squirrels amazes me. I have to watch her for sneaking behind close to my legs as she tends to carry them alive.

She's incredibly sensitive to thunder and when rain hammers down on the conservatory roof........I reckon this has something to do with someone setting some of those ridiculously loud type of bangers off early September time when she was a pup when out with me one night in the local park.....caused her to bolt for home.

She's one of those dogs which is incredibly quick to command.....which I love. If I send her over a wall or into a field she can get into a bit of a muddle....wanting to come straight back to me unless it's on her terms......but this is more to do with me not really putting no work into this when she was younger.

I don't know if all spaniel lurchers turn out the way she has, but I feel very lucky....they all certainly look very similar. I reckon they have a lot to offer the day time hunter who knows what they want in a dog and not just wanting numbers, but a dog that gives them a lot of reward. I would certainly be on the look out for another if anything ever happened to mine......and I would travel a long way. For me I would definitely be going down the gundog route as opposed to your usual offerings.

Cheers

Wuyang