Mews/weigh Room For Sparrowhawk

I've been busy on this little project while the Mrs is in Nice with the kids. So home alone & my only guilty pleasure has been working all day undisturbed! Haha.....

It's not finished yet, but this is the story so far......

post-89484-0-21888600-1495137916_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-56539400-1495137947_thumb.jpg

post-89484-0-52371700-1495138031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 8

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been busy on this little project while the Mrs is in Nice with the kids. So home alone & my only guilty pleasure has been working all day undisturbed! Haha.....   It's not finished yet, but

Posted Images

smart.i like to see a bit of pride in somebody work.lets see some photo's of the sparrow hawk.

Thanks.....When I get the spar I'll put some pics up ;-)

• Like 1

You got all that done while the mrs is away with the kids :icon_eek: ....has she left you ? ............stone the crows it would take me 6 months to do that much.

Looks good and some nice looking land around you......always been a bit of a regret of mine that i never committed to a little set up like that have you had birds before Accip or you starting from scratch ?

How does that work with the mews will that be joined to the room or part of it ?....keep whacking the pictures up mate its good seeing these little projects come together.

• Like 1

You got all that done while the mrs is away with the kids :icon_eek: ....has she left you ? ............stone the crows it would take me 6 months to do that much.

Looks good and some nice looking land around you......always been a bit of a regret of mine that i never committed to a little set up like that have you had birds before Accip or you starting from scratch ?

How does that work with the mews will that be joined to the room or part of it ?....keep whacking the pictures up mate its good seeing these little projects come together.

All the stuff in the first pics were done before they went on Tuesday. I had the roof delivered Tuesday afternoon & got it on that night after a lot of huffing & puffing! Since then I've just filled in the rest.....

Yes I've had hawks before mate, Harris & Goshawks hawks, but I've just had a forced break of about 4 years.........life just got in the way...;-)

The hawk will be kept on the left hand side on a large shelf about waist height or so, off the floor........the other side will be work tops, storage etc. This will be mainly night quarters & of course used when I'm not about, but hopefully the hawk will mainly be tethered outside during the day. Eventually I will probably partition it down the middle.

Cheers ;-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

I've always wanted a spar for maggies an blackies. Never really fancied a Harris or that tbh an was always told spars are real difficult to keep so have never bothered. Keep us posted mate

blackies are great flights hard to catch new a kid who flew a female imprint he wore a boxing head guard if it missed its quarry it would bind to his head fuming
  • Like 1