Dbs / Crb Checks

Just curious, if you were out with yer dog and he caught a rabbit, or any other quarry and you got pulled and accused of poaching etc, would this jeopardise your job if you require a DBS/CRB check?

I think the job you are applying for will have a bearing on how deep they delve, Ian Huntley had been accused of quite a few assaults before the little girls were killed but never flagged up as the charges were all dropped, so I believe in certain occupations they look on your whole record including things you were not charged with, so if you avoid any rabbit grooming jobs you should be ok and secondly it's only a crime if you go out with the intention of hunting, if your dog accidently kills a deer, hare or rabbit whilst just having a walk you have committed know crime

If you're successfully prosecuted,yes.

Even if you're not prosecuted,or charged and found innocent it will show up on an enhanced CRB.

I'm not sure if police investigations with no further action taken show on enhanced or not.

Hahaha "i was just walking and my dog caught a rabbit but I wasn't poaching your honour"

I'm sure it will be fine

Correction " I was just walking my dog in a storm at 3am 150 miles away from my house in full camo gear with a lamp and my dog put 29 rabbits up by accident and caught them all" be reet

• Like 1

Can you ever have ur record wiped?

i dont think so,,i have a check for working doors ,,,disclosure its called,,,,not sure if thats same as crb,,,,but i have offences from 30 years ago on that

• Like 1

Can you ever have ur record wiped?

i dont think so,,i have a check for working doors ,,,disclosure its called,,,,not sure if thats same as crb,,,,but i have offences from 30 years ago on that

They always stay on your record I think but are considered spent after 2 years unless its a firearms offence in which case its 5 (possibly 10) years.

Could someone with more pc skills than me put up the "Rehabilitation of Offenders" legislation up please?

Cheers, D.

Got in trouble at 14-went to young offenders at 15-ended up with a 5 yr firearms ban-stopped me joining armed forces until I was 23-by that time I'd got a trade so never looked back into it.I was told that because I was under 18 when it happened I didn't have to declare it to future employers-had a crb check around 8 yrs ago and got clearance for working in a prison and old people's home.now I think you get an automatic 10 yr firearms ban these days if over a 6 month stretch-this was early 90's in my case so law could of changed.I've not been in trouble since touch wood.atb dc