Or the old mans riddle with a stick and string fed through the letterbox. Couldn't find the riddle one day and used my maws washing basket. She wasnt amused lol

Spent hours drop trapping as a kid, with patience you could catch anything. :D

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or the old mans riddle with a stick and string fed through the letterbox. Couldn't find the riddle one day and used my maws washing basket. She wasnt amused lol

Knock up a little shelf and put it under the nest no more shit simples ........

Porcelain bowl with drain and using a Blake's Hydram we could pump water up in to it to flush it away

Posted Images

Aye i mind shooting and trapping enough to feed the ferrets , then everybody started there dog retrieving with a starling once it would carry one there was never a problem with any other bird

• Like 1

What's the best way for blocking the holes where they nest ??

I've also got a nest & an waiting for them to leave..

I was thinking expandable foam or will they open that back up??

What's the crack with chicken wire ?? Stuff it in the hole ??

That takes me back! :D My old man was the one who taught me the riddle and stick method!

Had lot of fun with the old riddle Scot. Good old days ehh lol!!
  • Like 1

Aye i mind shooting and trapping enough to feed the ferrets , then everybody started there dog retrieving with a starling once it would carry one there was never a problem with any other bird

I bought a mist net from youngs of misterton I think?Or KPS Nets,strung it across the garden,hoyed some bread down,back then there was loads of stinkers around,got enough to feed 2 litters of ferret kits in an hour :yes: Or if I had a tin of slugs snipe them off the tree in the back garden or the roof with my Webley vulan or BSA mercury.

• Like 1

I bought a mist net from youngs of misterton I think?Or KPS Nets,strung it across the garden,hoyed some bread down,back then there was loads of stinkers around,got enough to feed 2 litters of ferret kits in an hour :yes: Or if I had a tin of slugs snipe them off the tree in the back garden or the roof with my Webley vulan or BSA mercury.

We had a piggery over the back used to open the door of the feed shed go away for ten minutes come back nip in slide it shut and shoot all the starlings that nipped in for the free feed

• Like 1

Spent hours drop trapping as a kid, with patience you could catch anything. :D

shopping basket from the coop a stick and a spool of line even had the odd squirrel in it, I actually made one last year with a figure of four trigger and a bait stick caught a collard dove in it just to see if I still had it, let it go as soon as I caught it and it,s now nesting in the tree so obviously not that stressful for him, happy memory's of a much less complex time of life
  • Like 1