Missouri Earth Dog Trial

i know what your saying Liam an can't speak for everyone in that video, but there's one lady in that video who is a serious digging woman. She's visited England many times for 20 odd years an has dug many. She also took some good blooded dogs back to the states. She's the lady with the black terrier.
  • Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no problem as i see if this is the way the americans do there shows...after all the americans have imported there stock from england mostly for big bucks... its not like any sensible terrier

Answer to your first question as a man who has sat on the IWTF Committee.... of course not... it's highly illegal in Ireland,,, but if its legal in other countries I personally would not knock it, es

If it suits them to do it that way, what harm. Trials were held in the past in Ireland that were only slightly better for sounders. 5 minutes barking at quarry in a tunnel (Shore) for a certificate.

Posted Images

Listen i never been to one of these show's, and yes there are idiot's there but there are also some serouis hunting folks that go for the fun and to hang out with friends. It gives there dog's something to do besides sitting in a kennel. Is it a event that shows if your dog is a good hunter? Hell no it's not. Only hunting can show you that. Do i think it's a waste of time having fun with your dog? NO I DON'T. What do you do with your dog's when there not out hunting? Flirt pole? Play ball? Walk the woods? WHat? Im gonna assume they sit in there kennels bored off there ass.

Not having a go at you Rippem,but f**k me are these people real,they are like something out of One flew over the cuckoos nest.Most on here have put down better shite than their little heroes.

• Like 1

I never been to one but im sure there is alot of tree huggers there. If i go im going to meet other hunters. Could careless about entering my dog's in any of the events. And the only reason im even debating on going is i have 2 friend's going and the wife want's to go. And one of my friends that's going is a older lady who dug more different type of earths then most men. A hell of a hunter and great woman. And she will tell you she wants a conformation correct dog but working ability come's first.

• Like 2

There is no problem as i see if this is the way the americans do there shows...after all the americans have imported there stock from england mostly for big bucks... its not like any sensible terrier man would source a terrier from an american... but i do like the way the promoted terrier work in that clip.. it was family fun with a voice over like he was promoting a hollywood blockbuster...the man and his wife want to go down and catch up with a few friends and have a nice time away over dogs..no biggie... ffs we parade around over here like eejits while some man eyes a dog then runs his hands over them for a poxy rosette.. give the man a break.

• Like 7

Now that I see they are having the thunder tunnel event , I may have to go to this. If you win the thunder tunnel event don't you automatically get the Hall Of Fame stamp on your papers???

Lol, don't lie to these people? your the one trying to get me to go. Lmao

Now that I see they are having the thunder tunnel event , I may have to go to this. If you win the thunder tunnel event don't you automatically get the Hall Of Fame stamp on your papers???

Lol, don't lie to these people? your the one trying to get me to go. Lmao
. Earthturd might be there waiting for ya rippem lol
  • Like 1

There is no problem as i see if this is the way the americans do there shows...after all the americans have imported there stock from england mostly for big bucks... its not like any sensible terrier man would source a terrier from an american... but i do like the way the promoted terrier work in that clip.. it was family fun with a voice over like he was promoting a hollywood blockbuster...the man and his wife want to go down and catch up with a few friends and have a nice time away over dogs..no biggie... ffs we parade around over here like eejits while some man eyes a dog then runs his hands over them for a poxy rosette.. give the man a break.

Would the IWTF support the caging of an animal to trial / test dogs on ?

Doesn't the IWTF run and support shows ?

You being a hypocrite again Canary ?

Would the IWTF support the caging of an animal to trial / test dogs on ?

Doesn't the IWTF run and support shows ?

You being a hypocrite again Canary ?

post-80801-0-65329300-1495004864.jpg
  • Like 3

If it suits them to do it that way, what harm.

Trials were held in the past in Ireland that were only slightly better for sounders.

5 minutes barking at quarry in a tunnel (Shore) for a certificate.

But they were a social occasion as well. Before the internet and mobile phones a way to meet up.

If there are people who are wiling to get out there ratting, trials, bushing it is all good IMO.

Maybe not what I want to do, but every man to his own poison.

I agree that the trial for sounders were poor but it wasn't a rat and it wasn't in a cage and terriers often failed.
that's not all the show is neil, there is alot of different things you can sign your dog up for. It's called a show, people having fun with there dog's and meeting other's. It's not hunting, Lmao!! It's called letting your dogs have fun. When you guys don't hunt your dog's they gotta be bored out of there minds! Some of you are just so hardcore, Lol,

My post wasn't aimed at you or the Americans Rippem. It was aimed at P3D who seems to think a pet rat in a cage is the same as a 30 lb badger who's free to go backwards or forwards. He also seems to have no problem with terriers working a caged animal while he flies the flag of an organisation that's opposed to such things.

Personally I've no problem how other countries conduct their dogwork as God knows we here in Eire have had British anti's coming over for years to try and ruin our way of life.

But I've been to enough trials (regulation and flapper) and shows to know that the intention is always good and a meet up with some friends and their dogs is always the objective BUT they ALL eventually end up falling into the hands of the money men and pretenders.

I knew of one puppy peddler who runs a few flappers where all his dogs are for sale before hand. But when the qualify they're still for sale but that piece of paper pushes the price up by 200. Who's the fool there, him or those who part with the cash.

I remember another trial ran in a regulation under Teastes Beag rules that was won by a Jack Russell that was standing 4 foot from it's game.

The judge (judge, not judges) was from the Continent !!!!!!!!!!! and was staying in the winners house, LOL.

To put them in to context, my old bitch Dixie was disqualified on a Sunday but on the Tuesday we had a 7 hour dig to her in the real trial, the natural earth.

Enjoy your day out Rippem and it's great to see terrierwork alive and well worldwide but remember that a pet in a cage being "attacked" or "terrified" by a baying terrier falls right into the hands of the antis so I'd keep videos etc. ALL under the radar and for first prize I'd have a bag of dogfood or a set of couples with no big prestigious titles and that way the money grabbing bullshitters might stay at home and only real dog men would attend.

JMHO.