Beef Greaves - Moongold Etc

Greaves or anything that's processed ,so to speak ,all depends on who makes it and what flesh he has at his disposal.

I used to get it and my dogs thrived on it and worked hard on it without loosing condition and I suspect because of the smell and colour of it I think it had plenty of tripe in it.

But if the maker is bulking it up with fat or plucks then of course it's going to show in a dogs condition.

• Like 2

They're a dried beef shavings product that you can buy online for feed.

I *think* you're supposed to rehydrate it first and it's a hell of a bargain - like £25 ish for 15 kg of dried meat

That's not a hell of a bargain for beef and depending how it's been dried you will

Lose a lot of the goodness in the process ... you can get beef mince for between 50 - 70p a lb from most pet food suppliers .......

And considering I can get chicken carcasses for £6 for 20 kgs then it's dam expensive ........

• Like 2

They're a dried beef shavings product that you can buy online for feed.

I *think* you're supposed to rehydrate it first and it's a hell of a bargain - like £25 ish for 15 kg of dried meat

That's not a hell of a bargain for beef and depending how it's been dried you will

Lose a lot of the goodness in the process ... you can get beef mince for between 50 - 70p a lb from most pet food suppliers .......

And considering I can get chicken carcasses for £6 for 20 kgs then it's dam expensive ........

Best in mind the rehydrated weight of that (I'm imagining) will be 4x that, so 60kg

Yeah mine had the squirts on it last time, but I think that's because all 3 shared a bowl full without rehydrating it first, so obviously expanded in them

Where do you get mince from? I currently get 6kg for £5 of butchers pet mince but I'm open to chicken carcasses or any other meat in Kent - but the usual suggestions all seem to be more expensive than the butchers