Only Charging Up To 160 Bar.... Any Ideas?

I have a BSA Ultra SE and Weihrauch HW100. The Ultra is tuned by Airtech, the HW100 standard.

I use a 3 litre air bottle to refill. It is approx 3 years old and was recently refilled by Carl at Airtech.

Both rifles will only fill up to 160 bar , this is a recent problem, they always used to fill up to whatever pressure you wanted.

I suspect the bottle or attachments are at fault. Any ideas about what the problem is, and how to sort it?

Cheers

If both guns are only blowing up to 160, then that's what's in your bottle, what does the gauge on your bottle say? If that says 160 also. I would test your bottle and gauge as you first course action. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice folks. Both bottle gauge and the 2 gun air cylinder gauges both read 160 after refilling, and after that, even opening the bottle tap more won't result in more air entering either rifles' cylinder.

Can't be lack of air in bottle, as otherwise it wouldn't fill perfectly quickly up to 160 each time.

No sign of air leak from charging apparatus. I think maybe the bottle itself is at fault, but I can't understand how it works perfectly up to 160, then just won't release any more air.

Or, Carl might have put old, less boyant air in your bottle. Nice fresh new air moves around better so, it fills to a higher pressure.

If you've got old air, it's probably sat at the bottom of your bottle - try filling your rifle with the bottle held upside down :good:

post-102688-0-16648600-1494846178.gif

• Like 1

Also make sure your dive bottle is actually filled to 300 bar , some places under fill . Even when filled to 300 bar it can lose several bar cooling down .

I fill mine at a local dive shop and they fill them up in water slowly

Gunshops just tend to fill them dry , hence lower fill pressure

I suspect not enough actual air in dive bottle , you won't get many top ups from a 300bar bottle

Mike

• Like 1

Or, Carl might have put old, less boyant air in your bottle. Nice fresh new air moves around better so, it fills to a higher pressure.

If you've got old air, it's probably sat at the bottom of your bottle - try filling your rifle with the bottle held upside down :good:

you a closet physicist jon :laugh:

• Like 3

you a closet physicist jon :laugh:

No, I'm a piss taking c**t mate :whistling::laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

• Like 4