Magpies, " I Loath Them".

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thursday afternoon we were roofing away when that " different noise" makes you stop and listen. I said to my son, that sounds like a hawk has just caught something.

I'm not shooting at the minute but had a magies nest at the bottom of my garden in the conifers,the other morning it was like the film the birds,crow maggies all going mad at 5 in the morning I looked

Shotgun them Phil - both barrels mate I know it's only nature doing it's thing but, they are nasty little b*****ds.   I'm going to try for the ones on my permission with some eggs

Posted Images

Mate I recently caught a magpie with spraying cider I shoul clarify bought a small bottle of magners and put in my wifes hairspray bottle after a rinse or two and sprayed it on the mk6 fenn trap with moss covering and trail leaving cut apple as bait at both ends it was the worst rabbit catch ever but dont know if it was cider apple or just something shiny under the moss it spotted but it worked hope this helps

Mate I recently caught a magpie with spraying cider I shoul clarify bought a small bottle of magners and put in my wifes hairspray bottle after a rinse or two and sprayed it on the mk6 fenn trap with moss covering and trail leaving cut apple as bait at both ends it was the worst rabbit catch ever but dont know if it was cider apple or just something shiny under the moss it spotted but it worked hope this helps

Went to the hide after work and there's a squirrel there. Shoots it with the .410 then put it out behind the hide, I leave them there for the fox, badger, what ever wants to eat it. Was sat drinking me tea when a Magpie comes down. Slips in a subsonic and shoots it. There's loads of noise from the tree 20yards away but managed to get that one as well. Just goes to show you can do every thing you can think of to try and shoot a Magpie without any success. Then you can get 2 when you ain't even trying.

Saw a young one last month in a 3 sided bus shelter. The daft bugger was flying up and down the windows and couldent even find its way out lol. They soon become wise!

Tell me about it ive to lift the dogs bones when im putting them away or there down for a free feed , i would like to give them a lead pill but im sure somebody would rat me out

Seen a Magpie today @ Chester Zoo..

The family were horrified but it was the most instinctive creature there..

A mallard was feeding with her young in tow, from families that were enjoying their picnic.

The chicks must of only been a few days old.

The magpie hopped down from a tree and grabbed a tiny duckling. Left the scene as quickly as it arrived.

I felt sorry for the kids, that where traumatised,from what they'd witnessed.

It's the 2nd time I've seen birds attacking ducklings, the other time it was a heron, down the river.

I told the mother in law that's real life and got a thick ear lol.