Ratting Yesterday Evening

Good little vid that ... I'm doing a spot next Saturday that should produce some numbers hopefully .......

You need a hand socks?

I would give you a shout mate but the lads that are coming are bringing their own pack and are funny about other dogs being there .... are your dogs broken to ferrets by any chance ???

• Like 1

Good little vid that ... I'm doing a spot next Saturday that should produce some numbers hopefully .......

You need a hand socks?

I would give you a shout mate but the lads that are coming are bringing their own pack and are funny about other dogs being there .... are your dogs broken to ferrets by any chance ???

They ain't broke to ferret mate no ,haven't owned one for years .No problem.

Ferreting rats a very good and purist method if all goes well but enter a ferret in the wrong place and you've hours to wait with no sport. Did it years ago with a team of 7 pats and ferrets and lurcher. Best of luck mate and get a video up lol.

• Like 1

Yhea I've got a spot that is in a deep bank and the smoke never quite gets to the bottom so I've got to use the ferrets .. I've got 12 ferrets for the job and 6 dogs but a few more dogs is always handy ... I'm sure I will be fine with what I've got always have been ......

Know what you mean by the smoke thing mate .We try to flood and smoke if that's the case .

We did a spot few weekends ago that looked mint ,keeper said he's seen loads but we bolted 3 ,2 got away into log pile and dogs nailed one lol.

Keeper very quiet after that lol.

• Like 1

We do a maggot farm and 1 bank is made up with pipes and certsin things for the maggot sheds.

But its so deep the smokers dont touch it .

Covers up now so wait till it dies back now

Love ratting

My old 10 yr whippet still got it to sort them

Good show FD

• Like 1

IMG_3929.jpg

Farmer phoned me late afternoon ,we are moving a shed can you get here lol. Planning is not his forte .Rang daughters boyfriend who has the choc pup I was gifted and to bring the lurcher too .5 dogs in all .My two, Aaron's two and the farmers Russel cross spaniel which to be fair is a decent Ratter now .

The usual wait for them to get set up and then panic ,there's a cat under the shed ,one of the farmers pets. Luckily only his dog out yet which half heartedly chased the cat out from under and into a hedge nearby unseen by ours .The action was good from the off but tailed off near the front the shed where the shit was soaked through by a leaky drinker .Finished with 73 and both pups well into the sport .Happy days .

lurcher is nice type. wat way he bred

We do a maggot farm and 1 bank is made up with pipes and certsin things for the maggot sheds.

But its so deep the smokers dont touch it .

Covers up now so wait till it dies back now

Love ratting

My old 10 yr whippet still got it to sort them

Good show FD

is that hugo's place?used to have some fun there.atb dc