• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See you're cast in the same mould as him.., blame everyone else for Fury's so called 'problem's but him and the so called 'team' around him. Hearn didn't give Fury nandrolone. Hearn didn't tell Tyson

You can't buy class.

'kin hell..., he's eaten Billy Joe Saunders ?

Posted Images

Todays sunday paper here JAWS WARD has offered fury a fair dig to sort out whos the king.LOL...wonder will he take it...paddy jaws will be away for a fivers worth of peetreel,

Lmfao what kind of shite do they report in Ireland

Todays sunday paper here JAWS WARD has offered fury a fair dig to sort out whos the king.LOL...wonder will he take it...paddy jaws will be away for a fivers worth of peetreel,

Lmfao what kind of shite do they report in Ireland

sunday world on f/b...can you stick a link up..................

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/anthony-joshua-koed-by-lawrence-okolie-in-sparring.575830/

Joshua allegedly dropped heavily in sparring by amateur last year,reason fight with Price didn't happen. ???

Means next to nothing imo. Lawrence Okolie would knock any heavyweight over if he landed flush.., and I'd guess anyone who spars enough rounds will get caught the odd time.

• Like 1

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/anthony-joshua-koed-by-lawrence-okolie-in-sparring.575830/

Joshua allegedly dropped heavily in sparring by amateur last year,reason fight with Price didn't happen. ???

Means next to nothing imo. Lawrence Okolie would knock any heavyweight over if he landed flush.., and I'd guess anyone who spars enough rounds will get caught the odd time.

I know it means nothing,but people are saying Fury is chinny,Joshua Rumoured to have been kod by Price,Price then confirmed it and now rumours Joshua been dropped off an amateur. Seems Joshua been down a few times as well as Fury .

I know it means nothing,but people are saying Fury is chinny,Joshua Rumoured to have been kod by Price,Price then confirmed it and now rumours Joshua been dropped off an amateur. Seems Joshua been down a few times as well as Fury .
It's heavyweight boxing. These are big lumps, you don't have to be chinny to get knocked out. And Okolie has some dig on him.
  • Like 1

Being " chinny " in a competitive fight when your body is peaked out cannot be compared to being " chinny " in a sparring session !

My sister knocked me out f****n about in the kitchen once but i was never knocked out in a boxing ring......i saw Nigel Benn get sparked out by a tattooist friend of mine in sparring,so what...........sparring is sparring.......fighting is fighting.

Only in todays times that we know where and when sportsman take a shit do the public even get to know and get excited about these irrelevant little details.

• Like 3

Ok sparring doesn't count,what about competing then ?

Not sure what your point is. AJ got beat as an amateur. He got hurt by Whyte and knocked down by Klitshcko as a pro but has yet to come unstuck or fail to stop an opponent.

Like any fighter he can be hurt. Cunningham & Pajkic knocked Fury over but I don't think it's all that relevant as he got off the floor and won.., (although I do think that the two guys that knocked Tyson over are lesser fighters than those that hurt Joshua) what matters is what happens when the two meet.

• Like 2

No point really Pesky,like I say both Fury and Joshua been dropped but people think Fury is chinny just pointing out that Joshua has also had his moments. Hopefully the fight between them does come off as it will be huge,this thread is 10 pages already and Fury not even cleared to fight yet,be some build up to the fight if it does happen.

• Like 1

I agree with Pesky im not entirely sure what point it is you are trying to make Mick......boxers get hit its part of the sport......Joshua only began boxing as a young man he didn't have a schoolboy career like most of us now if he has only been on the floor 3 or 4 times since lacing a glove on id say thats a pretty remarkable feat !!

My comparison with Fury in terms of punch resistance is based simply on their professional careers in a competitive ring Fury has been knocked down by a cruiserweight and a few other unknown journeymen,Joshua has been knocked down by the most dominant world champion of his era.

It might mean nothing or it might mean something its just little things you look at when speculating how a fight might go thats all but its silly to start digging up amateur careers and sparring sessions Wayne Rooney probably got tackled by the silly fat kid in the school playground but its hardly relevant now is it :D

Edited by gnasher16