Squirrel Trap Placing

Hi,

Can I ask about placing squirrel traps please?

For the last 5 days have trying to trap a family of squirrels at a remote cottage in some woods, Have to walk to the cottage as no road to it..

The owners hear noises at night, there is no loft as such, squirrels are between tiles and ceiling, no where to safely put warfarin bait

The banks around cottage are very steep 45 degree, numerous tree branches give squirrels an easy way to roof. Have recommended cutting back the vegetation, which will be done. They do not feed the birds, so no where in garden to trap, owners do not see them in the garden

The squirrel I saw came out from under the gutter and into the woods.

Have places traps at ground level around the house making the traps inviting as possible, on guttering - can just see procull trap in picture on gutter, got a tunnel box and fenn inside on the roof.

put another procull on a tree, but nothing

But no kills, been baiting with monkey nuts on wires, nuttella on fenn plate.

What advice can you offer, regarding where to put traps?

Thanks

Gravy

post-105314-0-64092900-1494534341_thumb.jpg

Try changing your baits pal. I get results with peanut butter and pieces of snicker bar. When a job like yours comes along with no access into roof voids I tend to strip back the first course of roof tiles to place traps in the eaves with the owners permission ? It does help with me working on the roofs before pest control. Or a kania with the tunnel close to the entry point. Or just shoot the little fuckers. Ha. Best of luck

• Like 2

Traps away from the house may work better as they are looking for food as opposed to heading for home with food already. Females will have young in the roof area now so they will need dealing with too.

But how? there is no access from inside, the squirrels are between the tiles and ceiling, owners say they can hear scampering noises all over.

Traps away from the house may work better as they are looking for food as opposed to heading for home with food already. Females will have young in the roof area now so they will need dealing with too.

But how? there is no access from inside, the squirrels are between the tiles and ceiling, owners say they can hear scampering noises all over.

If they are big enough to be running around then they will be looking for mum and dad once you've trapped them.

By the sounds of it, their bypassing the garden and simply moving from tree's to the roof space. Maybe smear bait at entry point with trap close by. Also as said, trap area beyond the garden where squirrels are feeding.

A day spent cutting the branches back so you have a good look at the job would help

There are power cables going through the trees on the same side as squirrels and photo, so do not want to cut these myself.

Have ordered a live trap elgeeco squirrel trap which I will hang off guttering where have seen the squirrels - see if this helps. Any one using these? reports I read seem promising

it may be one of those jobs, I thought would be easy but proving difficult and in the end actually cost me money. Oh well win most, lose occasionally :bad::bad::bad: