Anyone Up For A Bit Of Ratting?

Wats deal with them? Worth the effort with dogs? Or easier just to shoot them? Are they dirty like our rats? An where do they live? Haha lots a questions

I cant be bothered hunting them with the terriers any more. Touch wood never had a bad do but could happen very easily, not worth it for a rat.

Traps rifle or shotgun from now on, maybe bow too. Few more to thin out, get prebaiting with carrots tomorrow.

Wasn't the Norfolk Broads the strong hold here where they undermined the banks so bad they had to go .

Yes, they were pretty common throughout East Anglia up to the late 80s. We had them on the dykes where I lived on the Essex marshes.

From what I gather, quite a few terrier lads went during that time when they were trying to eradicate them, even Frank Buck ;-)

So do ye dig em i take it, or kill em above ground?

Are you talking to me?

I never killed one, despite my best efforts! Haha....Closest I came was one of our terriers grabbing one on the ice, but couldn't keep it's grip. At this point the numbers were dwindling fast with non stop trapping.

I spent a bit of time with Buck when I was a young lad & he told me he'd been on a trip to the broads, but didn't think much of it....I think they dug some.