• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't he start gobbing off about nigel farage because nige had caught a tope.....fogle said it was an endangered shark.  Nah he's a anti, pro eu prick. I'm out. 

I had an arguemnt with him on twitter over fox hunting ... he came out with the usual it's cruel blah blah blah and then I reminded him that he bit the balls off a young goat with no anaesthetic for a

Posted Images

I always wonder when i read these posts. Do any of you have friends who dont like hunting? I dont count any rabid antis as friends but plenty who would rather it didnt happen. Its one of those subjects we just dont discuss, neither has to hide their opinion but doesnt attempt to alter the others either.

On the subject of Ben Fogle, he is a bit weepy but has more about him than the majority of celebrities on the telly

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I always wonder when i read these posts. Do any of you have friends who dont like hunting? I dont count any rabid antis as friends but plenty who would rather it didnt happen. Its one of those subjects we just dont discuss, neither has to hide their opinion but doesnt attempt to alter the others either.

On the subject of Ben Fogle, he is a bit weepy but has more about him than the majority of celebrities on the telly

It's a good point and you weigh up a persons value to you on many fronts. The moment someone started getting high and mighty publicly though (on whatever scale) about something that is so personal to me, they're either confronted in debate or just gone. Plenty of celebs would be against what I do, I take exception when they become vocal/activists about it.

I dare say the majority of people I know would be pretty turned off/upset or even maybe disgusted with at least some aspect of my hunting life. If that drives them to become political or and 'activist' then there's really no room for a continued friendly relationship. If they just don't like it but accept me for what I am then no issues with that.

Fogle seems to be outspoken in his contempt for what 'we' do and also a hypocrite. He has admirable traits too so I can see why some/many would be willing to look past that. It's a personal thing and no one should really be pressured into this tribal "you must hate that anti" mentality.

It's probably not totally fair to judge anyone based on their social media self either. It's given everyone the ability to be an 'activist' and outspoken on things they have little or no knowledge on and in real life would have manifested as nothing more than an opinion generally kept to themselves around friends who may be offended.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It's a good point and you weigh up a persons value to you on many fronts. The moment someone started getting high and mighty publicly though (on whatever scale) about something that is so personal to me, they're either confronted in debate or just gone. Plenty of celebs would be against what I do, I take exception when they become vocal/activists about it.

I dare say the majority of people I know would be pretty turned off/upset or even maybe disgusted with at least some aspect of my hunting life. If that drives them to become political or and 'activist' then there's really no room for a continued friendly relationship. If they just don't like it but accept me for what I am then no issues with that.

Fogle seems to be outspoken in his contempt for what 'we' do and also a hypocrite. He has admirable traits too so I can see why some/many would be willing to look past that. It's a personal thing and no one should really be pressured into this tribal "you must hate that anti" mentality.

It's probably not totally fair to judge anyone based on their social media self either. It's given everyone the ability to be an 'activist' and outspoken on things they have little or no knowledge on and in real life would have manifested as nothing more than an opinion generally kept to themselves around friends who may be offended.

I know a couple of smashing blokes who target shoot, but find hunting abhorrent. Just down my street, there's a lovely lady who runs a couple of greyhounds, but is a strict vegetable-ist (I found that out when my dog came trotting back with a rabbit in his mouth - that was an awkward conversation !).

They're nice people, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I want to stay friends with them, so we don't have that debate ! Simples !

Fogle is, without a doubt, a hypocrite, but it doesn't stop me watching "New Lives in the Wild".............

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I know a couple of smashing blokes who target shoot, but find hunting abhorrent. Just down my street, there's a lovely lady who runs a couple of greyhounds, but is a strict vegetable-ist (I found that out when my dog came trotting back with a rabbit in his mouth - that was an awkward conversation !).

They're nice people, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I want to stay friends with them, so we don't have that debate ! Simples !

Fogle is, without a doubt, a hypocrite, but it doesn't stop me watching "New Lives in the Wild".............

yep fair point , none of my family are into hunting , my parents weren't  , neither brothers or sisters, neither is my son. But every one of them eats meat,fish, etc , over the years i taken my lad ferreting, lamping, but he was never really interested  he rather play football  and still does to day at 31 . they all say the same thing to me as long as a animal killed humane / quick they dont mind , but they could never hunt them selves . Regards  Ben Fogle  like say , i think he puts good program on and he hunts and killed animals in the    new lives in wild  , he did in few of the other series , i suppose  whats  his views are is that few people  hunt for pleasure   and not just to live ,  i can see what he means really, as you get meal for 3-5 quid today from any shop. i hunt because i like to see my dogs work, ok  if they catch kill some thing to eat , great   but the main thing seeing them work  1st,= pleasure , and not just for the table  . ive done it over 30 years  with lurchers  and will always have one round  me, carnt see me changing  now at 66 . lol 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tyla said:

On the subject of Ben Fogle, he is a bit weepy but has more about him than the majority of celebrities on the 

what i cant abide is people with a full throttle hatred of hunting without ever actually going beyond the "killing things" tagline.

most around my way have some link to hunting because its so rural. 5/6 of the football boys have done it or do it regular. its not a alien thing around here luckily. 

only anti in my circle is my mother in law. shes a knob, claims to be a veggie and hates hunters but ive seen her eat mcdonalds chicken nuggets before, waves away any suggestion shes a hypocrite. highlight of my year was when i served her new boyfriend boar pie. he loved it and wouldnt shut up about it. got right on her nerves. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

what i cant abide is people with a full throttle hatred of hunting without ever actually going beyond the "killing things" tagline.

most around my way have some link to hunting because its so rural. 5/6 of the football boys have done it or do it regular. its not a alien thing around here luckily. 

only anti in my circle is my mother in law. shes a knob, claims to be a veggie and hates hunters but ive seen her eat mcdonalds chicken nuggets before, waves away any suggestion shes a hypocrite. highlight of my year was when i served her new boyfriend boar pie. he loved it and wouldnt shut up about it. got right on her nerves. 

haha   the last bit  getting on her nerves , you should have dropped a fallow  in her back garden  lol , bet she eat it .  a mate of mine mrs  not into hunting  , but  he asked  the one day  for bit of venison  , so took him some fallow round , said it was great he said she soon got it down her,  there's  lot like them they moan about hunting , but like  game meat .!

Most them celebrities are into some sort of hunting....... Be it where to score their next bag from, free bee meals or clothes, entry to clubs etc...... The ones that make the most noise are to busy....... 

Preying on young girls and boys,passing them around team mates bunch of nonce cnuts?everyones intitled to their opinion, but dont force your views on others..... Self righteous pricks are the worse imo. ? 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bird said:

haha   the last bit  getting on her nerves , you should have dropped a fallow  in her back garden  lol , bet she eat it .  a mate of mine mrs  not into hunting  , but  he asked  the one day  for bit of venison  , so took him some fallow round , said it was great he said she soon got it down her,  there's  lot like them they moan about hunting , but like  game meat .!

i very good friend of mine wont eat any meat bred for slaughter or game shot for sport. lives a vegan lifestyle, never rams it down peoples throats. almost the opposite of a stereotypical vegan. but hese beem at rabbits with me and loves any venison i give him . 99% of the year its quorn and crap like that but will eat certain game. great guy for heated discussioes with

• Like 2

Opinions,views, beliefs and dicks are something we all have in common,  but no one wants other people's shoved in there face, easier to just shut your mouth than have to justify everything you do or have done to people that will never listen anyway ?

• Like 2