Bringing Pups From Southern Ireland

You dont need a passport if its from the north you need a passport if its from the south, I "know someone who knew someone" who brought a pup from the south not knowing it had a south microchip in it and had to say he got the pup off someone who bought it in the south and resold it in the north, complicated I know, but there are some c**ts at the port so have every angle covered. If its got no chip and its jabbed in the north with a vet card your fine you might aswell get it chipped in the north for a few quid save any hassle. If its passport and paperwork are fine courier it for about £50 a dog.

• Like 2

I havnt been over for 2 year but for 10 year i went over twice a year with a few terriers and pups in the van and came back with the odd terrier , the van always got searched on both sides , they would always say "are they hunting dogs" but never any issues of any kind apart from when i had a petrol can in van ha that was leave the port and get rid .

That was from Scotland going into both ports in the north and heading down to Clare .

Yes it's another thing lol , all need to be chipped .I'm sure though the could do it for you. Your own details

get them to meet you at the border,get the pups n back on the day sailing.dont need nothing through north.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...