Dog Names....what's Yours​?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine is called Steve after my dad lost my dad to cancer the same week I picked my Wheaton bull greyhound pup up so thought it was only right atb longers01

"Oi" "Noooo" "Sorry mate" "For f**k sake" My dogs answer to all of the above!

I always name my pups same letter as sire/dam-tiny-pups twist,tanner,tuppence -dogs all start with a b-big bud,barney,bomber,banjo etc-anything I buy in or gifted I let the kids name -rosie Lee and ol

Posted Images

"Oi"

"Noooo"

"Sorry mate"

"For f**k sake"

My dogs answer to all of the above!

lol my dog knows piss off. He goes to his crate. Not sure if thats good or bad :laugh:

My old border collie Gemma used to understand "go and play on the stairs"

She would get her ball, run up stairs then drop it on the banister for it to roll down and she would chase it down the stairs and try and catch it before it bounced at the bottom.

There would be an absolute riot going on for about half an hour then she would come back in, lie down and sleep for a couple of hours.

She was a ridiculously clever animal and the easiest one to train I have ever come across.

• Like 1

I've got a tesse, Herbert and mabel.

Sadly gone is my old ridge back x ellie (who also answered to mallet, Mong & ginge)

Lol. My brindle bitch answers to Jet, Max and Grace and is called all 3 in equal. Don't ask. Haha
Old boy behind us used to have a pet lurcher that responded to English and Dutch as his mrs was from Holland

Cheers, D.

As crazy as it sounds Cabron understands commands in 7 languages (english, spanish, catalan, german, polish, lithianian and russian). This leads me to believe that body language and tonanilty are everything when communicating with a dog ;)
  • Like 1

As crazy as it sounds Cabron understands commands in 7 languages (english, spanish, catalan, german, polish, lithianian and russian). This leads me to believe that body language and tonanilty are everything when communicating with a dog ;)

To be fair, a kick in the bollocks is fairly universal.

I doubt there is a culture where it is used as a term of endearment!

I take it you have never met an Austrian then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I take it you have never met an Austrian then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Once.

But he looked a bit shifty so I booted him in the knackers and he was on the floor in a matter of seconds. ???

I've got a tesse, Herbert and mabel.

Sadly gone is my old ridge back x ellie (who also answered to mallet, Mong & ginge)

Lol. My brindle bitch answers to Jet, Max and Grace and is called all 3 in equal. Don't ask. Haha

Old boy behind us used to have a pet lurcher that responded to English and Dutch as his mrs was from Holland

Cheers, D.

Back in the day lads from Scotland buying working/trials collies from North Wales would, along with the dog, go home with a casette tape in their pockets with the dog's commands in Welsh.

• Like 1