How To Stop Dog Barking There Driving The Mrs Mad And She Driving Me Mad

Used to hunt with a lad who used to give them a quick spray with a hose he had near the back door.

His wife also used it when they barked and the kids where doing it too.

He asked me one day why was their benches and bedding always wet.

Poor dogs if they farted they got sprayed. Their runs were soaking 24/7.

And don't kid yourself by thinking dogs will not bark if there's a threat of a soaking.

Who's going to spray them if the house is empty ?

Believe me, dogs know when someones home or the house is empty.

Someones mentioned a radio and it does indeed work.

Another thing, some folk drive into their drive , get out and hear the dogs barking and presume they've been barking all day and scold them. When in reality they're barking because their master's home. They do get to know the differences in engines.

A good routine and constant amusement or distraction of some sort will keep most dogs quiet.

Personally I use a radio to keep them quiet.

But the spoilt brats only like classical.

• Like 5

Used to hunt with a lad who used to give them a quick spray with a hose he had near the back door.

His wife also used it when they barked and the kids where doing it too.

He asked me one day why was their benches and bedding always wet.

Poor dogs if they farted they got sprayed. Their runs were soaking 24/7.

And don't kid yourself by thinking dogs will not bark if there's a threat of a soaking.

Who's going to spray them if the house is empty ?

Believe me, dogs know when someones home or the house is empty.

Someones mentioned a radio and it does indeed work.

Another thing, some folk drive into their drive , get out and hear the dogs barking and presume they've been barking all day and scold them. When in reality they're barking because their master's home. They do get to know the differences in engines.

A good routine and constant amusement or distraction of some sort will keep most dogs quiet.

Personally I use a radio to keep them quiet.

But the spoilt brats only like classical.

go too any horse racing yard or breeding yard and u will hear the radio on in any of the stable barns.start pups off young.

• Like 1

if your not sure what they are upto when your out just set the laptop or what ever on record. I still do it randomly now just to keep a check. Don't want to annoy the neighbours.

Wife was out for 4 hours this afternoon and not a squeak from his crate which is just as well cause his got a voice like a bloody hound

One trick my dad used was an old door bell in the kennel. When the dogs fired up yapping he would sneak outside the kennel with a hose pipe. As soon as someone in the house rung the bell he would charge in like a madman soaking every dog in sight. After a few soaks all he had to do was sound the bell and every dog would run and hide. Trouble was when someone rang the actual doorbell the dogs in the house tried to get under the sofa. BTW we had an old grumpy Jack that once soaked would not come out of the kennel and if you tried to remove him he would show you his demonic side.