I Swore I'd Never Buy Another Ultra

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had an Ultra se about 18 months ago - maybe it was a Friday afternoon job but, I'd never known such a crap rifle. The shot count was poor, the power peak was extreme and, I just couldn't get it to b

Nice looking gun, better with black mounts.

I don't usually spend this sort of money on glass - to be fair, I don't think it's needed for an air rifle but, it is nice   I'm a big fan of Hawke Airmax but, I can see a difference with this.

Posted Images

looks well that jon :thumbs:

thought you might have buckled to the other grey laminate!

gonna make your nighttime manoeuvres far more enjoyable..

i needed a backpack full of bricks for the 510 with n/v on :laugh:

have a good one tuesday

atb si

Cheers Si,

I did have a hold of that laminate Streamline - again :rolleyes::laugh:

It's actually a lot shorter than it looked in your recent post - it's a nice, pointable rifle with a good weight. It's no wonder you're doing so well with yours :yes:

I'll stick a post up after Tuesday mate :thumbs:

....... It'll just be another review if I blank :laugh:

• Like 1

looks very nice mate

Cheers Jeff :thumbs:

I do like how it looks but, as a tool, it's fitting me well so far ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself. :laugh:

Ffs, I really should think before I post on here :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

BSA barells , love the Mags ,and now m pissed , cause I wasn't able to meet he boys , now Mean drink

Fec it , driving no, l going to,bed , lol ve u. A all

Dave

Ha ha ha, top post mate :laugh:

Have a good kip mate :thumbs:

Talk to you tomorrow.

Atb

Really nice looking gun Jon. I do have a soft spot for the Ultra and wanted to fit a reg, shroud and slightly longer cylinder along with a tune from one of the clever boys out there but it pushed the overall cost up too much and chopped it in for the Wildcat.

Seamaster gave me a tin of Daystate pellets which were JSB Heavies and boy did they group well and on the opposite end AA Express did the same.

Hope the gun is a winner for you Jon.

Phil

• Like 1

Proof of the pudding Jon. How does your new BSA hold up to hunting and stalking on your permission?! :hmm:

I had a dreadful worry my new Pro Sport would turn out to be like the TX200 Mk.III .22 rifle I had for over ten years. I could hit any number of card targets with it, with precision single hole groups at all air gun ranges. But, for a reason I never really found out, I couldn't hit a rabbit or pigeon save rats at 25 yards or less with it. Pellets would go zipping as much as 6 inches adrift of their heads and just hit the dirt. Wasn't a particularly hold-sensitive rifle either. :hmm:

Thankfully the Pro Sport has banished that experience to bad memory. :gunsmilie:

Hope everything is working out for your new aquisition. I must admit, if I had had a similarly bad experience with a BSA Ultra, that would be it, done with and over as far as ever buying another was concerned. :hmm::cray::(

Best regards.

Simon

• Like 1

Tapp d assuming I'd see an 'ultra'... bloody hell have they come one. HFT weapon that.

Cheers Rez,

I think it's more a kin to the Ultramax than my old se.

I did have a quick go at standers on a couple of HFT lanes yesterday - I can see why they like these funny butt pads - it gives a nice solid fit :yes:

Really nice looking gun Jon. I do have a soft spot for the Ultra and wanted to fit a reg, shroud and slightly longer cylinder along with a tune from one of the clever boys out there but it pushed the overall cost up too much and chopped it in for the Wildcat.

Seamaster gave me a tin of Daystate pellets which were JSB Heavies and boy did they group well and on the opposite end AA Express did the same.

Hope the gun is a winner for you Jon.

Phil

Cheers Phil :thumbs:

At the moment, I'm liking it a lot.

JSB Heavies didn't seem to do so well in this. After a couple of mags and a rezero, the Bis Mags were spot on.

...... I haven't tried the AA Express yet though :hmm:

I'll have to give them a whirl - I know they're well regarded on here and, a longer flatter trajectory is always useful.

Proof of the pudding Jon. How does your new BSA hold up to hunting and stalking on your permission?! :hmm:

I had a dreadful worry my new Pro Sport would turn out to be like the TX200 Mk.III .22 rifle I had for over ten years. I could hit any number of card targets with it, with precision single hole groups at all air gun ranges. But, for a reason I never really found out, I couldn't hit a rabbit or pigeon save rats at 25 yards or less with it. Pellets would go zipping as much as 6 inches adrift of their heads and just hit the dirt. Wasn't a particularly hold-sensitive rifle either. :hmm:

Thankfully the Pro Sport has banished that experience to bad memory. :gunsmilie:

Hope everything is working out for your new aquisition. I must admit, if I had had a similarly bad experience with a BSA Ultra, that would be it, done with and over as far as ever buying another was concerned. :hmm::cray::(

Best regards.

Simon

I keep looking in on your Prosport thread mate :yes:

........ That's some impressive groups from standing shots :good:

I have a feeling (or high hopes) that this little Ultra will be a good hunting rifle. It comes up to aim nice and, it's stable for long enough for me to work out a decent shot...... I just need to do my bit :whistling:

I'll give it a good crack on the rugby pitches on Tuesday night with NV and, possibly a day time wander on Wednesday.