Saluki Greyhounds

for a full range of game on a repeat basis Id go for coursing dog x saluki bull greyhound, if both parents to be proven allrounders then you should be n with half a chance, I think a drop of bull is good for allround kind of work,

• Like 3

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have a 1st x and hes done a lot of foxes over time,,and he does them well enough..he hasnt got the jaw power of a bull x and it takes a tad longer to finalise the situation,which has him taking a bi

On the lamp the deer is a different animal. In the daytime is when you'll see what you've got. I'm not talking gameness, I'm talking single handed running. I seen more Bull crosses get straight lined

yer coursing dog

Posted Images

I've always kept bull crosses,and a Saluki/coursing bred cross will beat them hands down on anything barring teeth , deer included .

Yes there are fast bull greyhounds but they won't have the stamina "generally" that a coursing bred dog will have.

But if it's foxes you want I'd go for a bull cross or wheaten cross. Jmho.

But I think both crosses would benefit from other breeds in there ,preferably each other

• Like 1

Salukis were bred for the last 6,000 years for running deer and bull x grey are better give your head a rattle.

I'm confused wether your being sarcastic or serious? I personally do beleive bull greys are better overall on deer and anything else other than hares personally, the deer that Salukis were bred to run 6000 years ago as you say, didn't weigh as much as your average muntjac, wouldn't even call them deer to be honest I'd like to see a saluki greyhound pull 6 red hinds in two days single handed like I know the average joe bull greyhound can do

Like I've said in earlier on on the thread in the past there did used to be some decent saluki greyhound foxing taking dogs about but I think personally you've gotta think of how much to want to stick in front of a dog and how much stick the dogs gonna take I remember my mate had a saluki greyhound dog before the ban he was an ex coursing dog he was as strong as a bull cross red in colour slightly feather lovely strong feet on him he would take stick and give it back I him do a few fox but I dunno if he'd of took fox night in night out

Salukis were bred for the last 6,000 years for running deer and bull x grey are better give your head a rattle.

I'm confused wether your being sarcastic or serious? I personally do beleive bull greys are better overall on deer and anything else other than hares personally, the deer that Salukis were bred to run 6000 years ago as you say, didn't weigh as much as your average muntjac, wouldn't even call them deer to be honest I'd like to see a saluki greyhound pull 6 red hinds in two days single handed like I know the average joe bull greyhound can do

ive forgot more about running pures on deer or any other stuff than youve even read about you certainly know nothing about salukis thats certain, you talk madam full stop.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

ive forgot more about running pures on deer or any other stuff than youve even read about you certainly know nothing about salukis thats certain, you talk madam full stop.

Okay big lad well the topic is originally about running saluki greyhounds on fox and if you think there better for that job than a bull greyhound then your a f*cking wet wipe yes it might pull one or two but lets see if it's still doing as good on the third or the next night or pulling them out of wholes etc etc saluki greyhounds might do the job just like the off collie greyhound does but there not bred for that job for a reason

Well two of the best dogs i saw Preban on deer were both bull greyhounds never saw the in the day one was a 3/4 grey bull and the other was a 3/8 5/8 both more then capable of filling the bag ten fold and a lot of people think bull greyhounds are new type of breed do your homework there far from a new type of lurcher they've been around for a long time maybe not aslong as the saluki but there far from being new breed on the block

I like a good type saluki greyhound but the amount I've saw fail not just on fox but on rabbits a friend of mine had a dog off good stuff and I'd see him run bunnies on the beam get with in striking range and just yap and it wasn't through being entered to early or over run it was just what the dog wanted to do he had more interest in chasing it then catching it

Okay big lad well the topic is originally about running saluki greyhounds on fox and if you think there better for that job than a bull greyhound then your a f*cking wet wipe yes it might pull one or two but lets see if it's still doing as good on the third or the next night or pulling them out of wholes etc etc saluki greyhounds might do the job just like the off collie greyhound does but there not bred for that job for a reason

E very time you open your mouth you dig yourself a bigger hole . I posted about deer in my post not fox.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong bull x are obv the main choice for it but like all crosses get good and bad they i don't care what you say they ain't allrounders u try running a bull x or 2 hares then get him to catch a fox and kill see how you get off that's the point in making with saluki and majority of these so cold bull x around now have got saluki in them .... and another point I made in previous comment my bull x was retrieving perfect in training but once she had the first rabbit and it made a noise she just shock it and left it there

Don't get me wrong bull x are obv the main choice for it but like all crosses get good and bad they i don't care what you say they ain't allrounders u try running a bull x or 2 hares then get him to catch a fox and kill see how you get off that's the point in making with saluki and majority of these so cold bull x around now have got saluki in them .... and another point I made in previous comment my bull x was retrieving perfect in training but once she had the first rabbit and it made a noise she just shock it and left it there

depends on the bull that's been used in the breeding the a good bull can make a lot of difference in the breeding a lot of people think it's just a matter of putting a bull type in the mix but you've gotta take in to consideration the breeding in the bull some bulls are bred out of god knows what and that always has to come out somewhere later down the line i e mastiff you put that in its Gona come out again later on hence why you get big heavy lumps that aren't good for nothing
  • Like 1