Saluki Greyhounds

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have a 1st x and hes done a lot of foxes over time,,and he does them well enough..he hasnt got the jaw power of a bull x and it takes a tad longer to finalise the situation,which has him taking a bi

On the lamp the deer is a different animal. In the daytime is when you'll see what you've got. I'm not talking gameness, I'm talking single handed running. I seen more Bull crosses get straight lined

yer coursing dog

Posted Images

From my experience most saluki greyhounds will take fox and deer too, don't get me wrong there not the hardest of tools but if the breedings there they are more than a one trick pony

I'd say there is better dogs for foxes.

You may well find Saluki crosses that will turn their hand to them,but I'd edge my bets ,and get something where both sides of its lineage do them . May save you some heart ache in the long run

• Like 3

You may well find Saluki crosses that will turn their hand to them,but I'd edge my bets ,and get something where both sides of its lineage do them . May save you some heart ache in the long run

I agree fully,defo better x's for fox work out there,if the sal's 1st x's got enough hardship i have no doubt a lot would fall by the wayside

I agree fully,defo better x's for fox work out there,if the sal's 1st x's got enough hardship i have no doubt a lot would fall by the wayside

I remember a documentary on the tv a while ago and a little greyhound infusion into the Saluki,s and a Salugi?,their main prey was fox?.If any of these mutts reached these shores we may be better represented by the truth in the breeding and not the KC dross that we are accustomed to.

There's definitely some that will do the job but picking the one out of a litter of 6 week old pups is a bit of a lottery,raising it to adulthood,to find it wasn't the one would break my heart :D

Not to bad if you want a dog for a bit of everything and he doesn't take to it ,but if it was to be the main job maybe better looking to the obvious candidates

It would be handy to get a saluki greyhound for future breeding if it made the grade

so you looking to buy a saluki greyhound if it made the grade ?,or are you willing to buy a pup and hope it makes the grade lol.....

I got bull x bitch [bANNED TEXT] I run her on rabbits she but kills them and leaves them there or bring half way back even tho her retrieving dummys was spot on

By the time the average Bull x switches on the average dummy is often smarter.

• Like 3

Personally I'd sooner have a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull if that's what sort of quarry you intend to run week in week out they can do everything a saluki greyhound can do on the lamp and there's a much stronger chance the bull cross make the grade than the saluki cross, going down the saluki greyhound route is a stab in the dark, yes they have more stamina but come winter I'm out 3 or 4 nights a week and my bull grey doesn't slow down by the end of the night

• Like 1