Saluki Greyhounds

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have a 1st x and hes done a lot of foxes over time,,and he does them well enough..he hasnt got the jaw power of a bull x and it takes a tad longer to finalise the situation,which has him taking a bi

On the lamp the deer is a different animal. In the daytime is when you'll see what you've got. I'm not talking gameness, I'm talking single handed running. I seen more Bull crosses get straight lined

yer coursing dog

Posted Images

Only seen one Saluki grey work all game.

He was good on rabbit, hare deer but fox he was definitely no world beater.

Best dog I seen on fox was a pure grey. Not many believe me but I have not yet seen a dog impress me on fox as much as her.

Seen some good fox dogs but none compare to her.

• Like 4

IMO they aren't for that job. That's what the bull and Wheaten crosses are for. The Saluki crosses I've seen that were good fox dogs were the ones that got to 5/6 years old, lost a yard of pace and were happy to get their teeth into anything!

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 1

IMG_7649_zpsmtyjcngz.jpg

IMG_7639_zpsvaktsgv7.jpg

1d92dcdf-3b56-4b8a-9f60-1747f6a57a4f_zps

i have a 1st x and hes done a lot of foxes over time,,and he does them well enough..he hasnt got the jaw power of a bull x and it takes a tad longer to finalise the situation,which has him taking a bit more punishment than necessary at times but hes never reneged ..Iput his son to sleep during the week,he was 3/4 saluki and with a bit of an injury and a taste of teeth last weekend he decided it wasnt for him,and i decided he wasnt for me....Sonics not bull x material and if he got 3-4 foxes a week or night he might not be as game for them as he is........or he might be just as game ,hes over 8 years old and hasnt let me be embarrased yet

1360542998185_zps70b72606.jpg

IMG_7942_zpsu9tz85hq.jpg

he marks them well too

IMG_1334_zpsswyukm4e.jpg

after meeting a decent fox

IMG_0114_zpsqeovicq3.jpg

2013-11-10%2009.29.27_zpsjorlab7j.jpg

IMAG0031_zpslaqawdxe.jpg

IMAG0170_zpslpirlgsi.jpg

when the right one comes along i think they are good as any x,but ive only had 1 first cross so far so might be a bit premature commenting

• Like 10

hes retiring next season to the house ,a few outings and a walking/companion dog he will be,hes very good in public,never disgrace you with his carry on....unless he sees a cat ,lol

hes retiring next season to the house ,a few outings and a walking/companion dog he will be,hes very good in public,never disgrace you with his carry on....unless he sees a cat ,lol

happens sometimes ?

What's the breeding in the white dog mate? Looks in good condition.

Neobliviscaris

hes gone now,belongs to a good man that visits here now and again,bull/hound X collie hound..he was a serious animal...put my mutt in the shade where foxes were concerned

• Like 1