From woodga

Well a big old dog mink has been taking fish out of a fishery .The lads had a try themselves at catching it placing three cages baited with fish, The mink was still killing and ignoring the traps so they called in Glenn Waters to sort the problem ,Glenn looked over the area and placed a few body grippers a few days later. Result a large old dog mink it had pushed a fair way through the trap and was dead with the trap still in the holder . The mink was nearly as old as Glenn its teeth were well worn lol

67AE92BE-F60A-426A-AC97-EAC5B7596826_zps

• Like 8

I caught a thumper myself this week but I'm afraid posting pictures is a bit beyond me.

Out of interest, could anyone give some weights of the largest dog mink they've caught? I intend to make a point of weighing this one as I can't imagine they get much bigger, although time of year will obviously see a bit of variance in weight of an individual animal.

Novice

I caught a thumper myself this week but I'm afraid posting pictures is a bit beyond me.

Out of interest, could anyone give some weights of the largest dog mink they've caught? I intend to make a point of weighing this one as I can't imagine they get much bigger, although time of year will obviously see a bit of variance in weight of an individual animal.

Novice

I've caught a few mink over the years, but never bothered to weigh any. Caught some nice colour variations, but nothing abnormally big. I suppose maybe 3.5 to 4 pounds would be the largest at a guess.

Just weighed it. 2lb9oz, which I understand is about average for an adult male mink.

Very surprised as it's a very big animal. I'd love to see and handle something a lb or more bigger, must be very impressive. Although it's possible this one would have been a fair bit heavier in the autumn after a good summer's feeding. Thankfully he won't get that opportunity anymore.

Novice