Classic Air Rifles

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right lads as we dont have a classic air rifle section   we will have to make our own   if one of the mods can pin this we will have one hear for all to post on   RIFLES

FWB Sport 127 (.22) 1978       FWB Sport 124 (.177) 1979         A couple of the " finest springers ever made" in my humble opinion.  

David Evans   Relum Tornado

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more, Bought this BSA Breakdown model in .177" cal today at the Vintage airgun collectors fayre at Melbourne..

Sorry if I posted any of these pics before!

VMI9H9r.jpg

.25" BSA Supersport..

wQq0IbQ.jpg

This was my Original mod50 typ 01 but I let a lad have it years ago, He sold to another chap, I got to buy it back recently, It's just the same as when I sold it apart from a couple of marks in the stock!!
WoEQV3J.jpg aBlxL3e.jpg ByeNIq0.jpg

Acvoke air pistol that I bought from a friend (Was his father in laws but he was moving to Scotland and didn't want to take it with him!

32vVRs7.jpg

Ooops!!, Av brok it!! ☺️

Mp1zG8k.jpg

Not sure if this will count as 'Classic' air rifle ? It's a Vmach HW97 that came on an ABS thumbhole stock, I had the blue laminate spare so I rubbed it down and re lacquered it, It's .177" cal, I've fitted brass cupped forend washers and stainless steel Allen bolts since I took these pics, Also had the brass trigger guard spare so I fitted that too ?

mdxw8kb.jpg 3ZPINz6.jpg

Cheers, John ?

• Like 5
On 15/04/2019 at 08:15, mole trapper said:

Some more lovely items there John.

I was really hoping to meet you and hopefully have a chat at Nuneaton last weekend, but unfortunately the chance never arose.

Jamie.

Sorry Jamie, I didn't make it, I had something like a headcold, Had three of the buggers in the last six months, Looks like i've developed an allergy though as Beconase stopped it getting any worse!!

I'm hoping to get to the June Boinger bash!! May see you then hopefully ?

John ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This section got me thinking! Wouldn't it be useful to have a classic rifles wanted section?

I've been after a really clean example of a theoben taunus for a while now, now and again one comes up but I'm usually too late seeing them ?

Anyone else think this would be a useful thread?

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not sure they'd go for it mate - I think it'd be seen as busying the forum with another section when a Wanted section already exists.

If it's an air rifle that you're after, you'd probably do better to post it in one of the Airgun sections.

• Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...
On 10/06/2017 at 19:41, Jonjon79 said:

Well, here's my contribution - being a pcp, I guess it's probably more of a modern classic.

Rough estimates put this .22 Falcon FN12 at around 22 yrs old.

Being a bit simple myself, I do appreciate the simpler things in life - this is definitely that and, bloody accurate to, even in my hands :yes:

Atvb :thumbs:

post-102688-0-61284800-1497119932_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-71085400-1497119943_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-91780800-1497119955_thumb.jpg

I used to have one of these,biggest regret selling it,you ever want to sell this give me a shout.atvb

Thought I`d get this posted up.

Some of the lads are aware and some are not but I picked up this beauty a few weeks back, - the mighty MK1 HW 80, .22 cal, 1983 model.

Very lucky find as she's untouched, spotless and laser accurate running at 626.64 ft/sec, 11.7 ft/lbs with the Falcon Accuracy Plus.

IMG_1409.JPG.b15cd8517d4e5bc17f878f2fdae9ceaa.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG.2d0f2b13edeb3eae1da41cb9a13fa954.JPG

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Thought I`d get this posted up.

Some of the lads are aware and some are not but I picked up this beauty a few weeks back, - the mighty MK1 HW 80, .22 cal, 1983 model.

Very lucky find as she's untouched, spotless and laser accurate running at 626.64 ft/sec, 11.7 ft/lbs with the Falcon Accuracy Plus.

IMG_1409.JPG.b15cd8517d4e5bc17f878f2fdae9ceaa.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG.2d0f2b13edeb3eae1da41cb9a13fa954.JPG

That's a little gem that,good find.used to have one of them when I was a kid.used to hit the barrel over my knee and put the butt on the floor to cock it !

• Like 1

Hi all

Not sure if i've posted this one before, It's a mk1 HW80 but has an HW85 barrel fitted!, It has had work by someone as the trigger blade is straight!! The sock is supposedly from a Venom Vantage HW80 but it's a lefty! (I'm right handed but it's still comfy right handed!)

6IfUkwg.jpg OIKxkZM.jpg

Someone had crammed a massive Oxspring inside and when I fired it, It felt like I was getting an electric shock in my hands, It was actually the vibration, It shook a small piece of the stock clean off from just forward of the barrel pivot bolt!- Managed to glue it back in to place, I chopped a couple of inches of preload from the mainspring then warmed the end and hit it down on to the anvil, When it cooled I ground it flat and dressed it on the linisher, It's like a different gun now, Superbly smooth!!, No 'shock' whatsoever!!

John ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

christ you boys have some nice rifles ...luuuve the webley mk 3's and the cadets....

these are junk fids off the net which i messed about with

BSA Mercury Mod S .177

BSA Mercury Mod S .22

HW 77             .22........fitted a diopter sight to it

assembled 004tn_.JPG

assembled 005tn_.JPG

merc fin strap 001tn_.JPG

merc fin strap 002tn_.JPG

merc fin strap 003tn_.JPG

finishing up 029tn_.JPG

finishing up 030tn_.JPG

finishing up 031tn_.JPG