The Good Life....living The Dream?

Pay off my morgage and when the youngest leaves home,I be f***ing off my mrs and moving to Canada lol-she don't like the cold so don't want to come...happy f***ing days.I'd be happy enough on my tod with the dogs and no cnut to talk too...only another 12 yrs and I can get gone from this shit hole the uk.atb dc

if your 30 or older I think you might have trouble emigrating dc, been looking myself on the visa sites and the comments boxes are full of muslims begging to go to Canada, fs middle east might be empty soon haha

Big empty country Canada,lots of scope for people if you have skills they want and are adaptable,i know a number of brits who have set up shop over there,know one or two who have returned to blighty but the majority have stayed,its not halfway round the world like Australia,its a relatively short flight away for relatives who want to visit.

is there an age limit for tradesmen to go work there, I was told uk was 30 and irish was 35,

It used to be 49 but I heard nowadays they prioritise 35 years and younger,my girlfriend is Canadian she always wants us to move there,Tilly from this forum moved there a couple of years back through his wife.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met

I had big dreams once, I believed that if I continued to work myself in to the ground for just a few more years I could end up with my dream house in the countryside. The last oil crash gave me a mass

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup,

Posted Images

Keep your dreams simple & don't take too much for granted.

Our basic goal is to go to Spain, maybe the north?, when my wife takes early retirement. We will still be in our 50s. A modest place overlooked by or in the mountains, some land, miles away from tourism or ex-pat colonies.......I envisage putting some food on the table with a goshawk & maybe a running dog & a bit of growing. A simple life with simple pleasures.

I've never been one for dreaming about big houses, expensive cars & the general trappings of materialism or foreign lands tbh. Despite what some might harp on about on here, there are still plenty of great unspoilt places to live in the UK & that won't change anytime soon, despite the doom merchants warnings........a happy life doesn't need to be 500 miles away, it can be be just up the road!

But I can't see myself ever living in the uk again, purely due to circumstances.....

We've decided a simple life & retirement is maybe better spent with some heat on our backs, so we shall see what happens.....:-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 10

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met loads of interesting van dwelling people doing what they want and having the freedom..alas my dreams have become curtailed at this time with a terminal illness.........but I would advise anyone who's able and can do it to get out there and travel or get a little base here or abroad..live for today because you never know whats round that corner..i can look back on our life's and think yeh..great times and memories..

Really sorry to hear about that Byron. I enjoy your posts more than most on here & long may it continue.

Keep on keeping on mate....;-)

• Like 4

Pay off my morgage and when the youngest leaves home,I be f***ing off my mrs and moving to Canada lol-she don't like the cold so don't want to come...happy f***ing days.I'd be happy enough on my tod with the dogs and no cnut to talk too...only another 12 yrs and I can get gone from this shit hole the uk.atb dc

if your 30 or older I think you might have trouble emigrating dc, been looking myself on the visa sites and the comments boxes are full of muslims begging to go to Canada, fs middle east might be empty soon haha
I will be 50 and still in my prime lol-I got a trade or 2 len so fingers crossed ;).atb dc

I will be 50 and still in my prime lol-I got a trade or 2 len so fingers crossed ;).atb dc
You are looking near retirement now dc lol

Im getting more grey everyday lol

I'm going to be completley grey in a couple year i reckon.

Oh well its just what happens i suppose certainly wont be dyeing it like a lot who are in denial lol

• Like 2

I think the best part about chasing your dreams is the chase itself......once there its often a bit of an anti climax and you go back to chasing another dream just for the sake of the chase its like getting hold of your ideal woman once you,ve had the roll about a few times you start looking elsewhere :D

• Like 8

Pal of my mine who is in his 70s retired to Spain a few years back, had his million quid villa and his boat and you think "great stuff"......within 2 years he was back and working again.

I thought he was f***ing mental at the time but he told me he just got bored and I sort of understand that now.......you can't change who you are, I think the best you can do is get the happy medium or make sure you set things up to suit your character.

• Like 1

In defence of folk who do chase " the dream life " as such.....its not all just about having a nice drum and flash cars its about what it allows you to do and how it can effect peoples lives around you,what you can do for others or your community/interests etc......how a person lives the dream should not just be about material shit you can still be living the dream financially without the bling associated with wealth.

• Like 5

, had his million quid villa and his boat and you think "great stuff"......

I rented a villa in spain,had a great pool,big BBQ area,a very nice boat,did it for 6 months and the novelty began to wane,your mate was right,our dreams aspirations etc change,what we think we want isn't always what we anticipated once we have it within our grasp,but a number of the people I have met here in france seem content with their achievements,i have a house abroad I bought almost 30 years ago,back then it was the dream,now its just somewhere to visit now and again,the dream has changed.

• Like 2

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup, showing potential, my ferrets, which I get as much joy from looking after them as I do working them, maximum hours sleep I get per night is about 5 hrs, because I like being in the company of my animals, told you before, my lady isn't in the best of health, nowt serious, but I do it all here, so come the afternoons, that's my time, off out we go, I have some fantastic lands to go at, rain or shine, never thought I would ever bond with another dog sin I lost Nell, but penny my lurcher is a great friend to me, so what more from life do I need

• Like 17

my dream when young was to own my house and hunt,well the ''OWN YOUR OWN HOUSE'' plan turned into a nightmare lol..trying to reach your debts every month and keeping the home fed and found as well,Now my ''dream'' is to get through every month and get a bit of hunting done as well,.and some time in the future have a frigging holiday in some foreign hot spot lol

• Like 3