The Good Life....living The Dream?

To be self sufficient or not to have to work would be my dream. I'm sick of my job sometimes I can work 12 hour night shifts for months without a day off I barely get to go outside other than for a cigarette or to the shops. Can't turn work down through fear that I might not get any more.

• Like 3

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met

I had big dreams once, I believed that if I continued to work myself in to the ground for just a few more years I could end up with my dream house in the countryside. The last oil crash gave me a mass

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup,

Posted Images

I met a couple originally from Yorkshire this morning,they came over to the farm I am staying on to collect a poly-tunnel,i figured the guy was a fisherman by the way he was dressed,bivvy shoes and realtree type trousers,they sold up in Yorkshire and bought a water filled quarry in central france with a small house,my guess is he is going to turn it into a fishing lake?The people I am staying with here sold a 3-bed semi in Manchester and bought a 65 acre farm in france with lots of outbuildings to turn into a number of gites,they also have a 650 metre long runway in the back garden for their light aircraft,every morning we land at another strip and the French owner immediately makes us a coffee and welcomes us in for a chat,life is very laid back and relaxed.theres a house local owned by an English woman who wants to go back to the UK,its a 3-bed EOT very nice in a tiny village,she has sold it for 50,000 euro,theres lots of brits local all with differning life stories,but all in their own way living individual dreams,i have met a few tom and barberas living the good life,one couple grow 600kg of chillies a year and send them back to a small hot sauce company in the UK,i don't know their profit but they diversify and live a comfortable lifestyle,just wondering what peoples dreams are,where would you like to see yourself in middle-age?

I,m getting to the point in life were middle age is fast disappearing, but I,m getting to a point I need a change, either a little cottage in miles of woodland, or I,m considering renting out the house for ten years and moving onto a narrowboat and cruising the network before its time to be spoon fed and have my ass wiped

I quite like the idea of renting our house out once we've finished doing it up, this is a popular place for holiday makers so we could even turn it in to a holiday let.

Thats me neems. Dodgy knee and threw my back out other day.I literally can hardly walk right now haha. This morning it felt better took dog for 5 mile hike now its back to square one.

Might be your dodgy walking style that's thrown your back out?

A Zimmer frame'll sort it out :laugh:

Pay off my morgage and when the youngest leaves home,I be f***ing off my mrs and moving to Canada lol-she don't like the cold so don't want to come...happy f***ing days.I'd be happy enough on my tod with the dogs and no cnut to talk too...only another 12 yrs and I can get gone from this shit hole the uk.atb dc

• Like 2

i lived the good life lots of money wanted for nothing as people who really know me know,like big mac on here and sean,these days im more then happy with the quite life and early nights and spending more time with my family ,you have to be carefull what you wish for

I f****d off 2 years ago and my only regret is that I didn't do it years ago.........the only thing I miss is a bit of banter with other lads out of my area and the to and fro of having a deal with someone.

Lately I have been thinking about a house in Sicily, no particular reason other than I used to sell a bit of kit to a group of Sicilian lads and they were nice chaps.

The guvenor of them always used to say to me "you have got to come over, you will love it"

Never been there but I'm going over this year for a look at a few places.

Set the kids up a business here and leave the grafting out of this place while me and wife enjoy a bit of sunshine in our twilight years.

Since I made the break 2 years ago I have realised it's only your own insecuritys that hold you back.

There's plenty almost anyone who has owned a house for 10 years + plus can do to change their life......if they want to ;)

• Like 4

Think everybody wants to live the life its a dream as your a youngster but by the time your able to afford it the bodys too old

Your a long time in the grave yard mate ;)

• Like 3

Pay off my morgage and when the youngest leaves home,I be f***ing off my mrs and moving to Canada lol-she don't like the cold so don't want to come...happy f***ing days.I'd be happy enough on my tod with the dogs and no cnut to talk too...only another 12 yrs and I can get gone from this shit hole the uk.atb dc

if your 30 or older I think you might have trouble emigrating dc, been looking myself on the visa sites and the comments boxes are full of muslims begging to go to Canada, fs middle east might be empty soon haha

if your 30 or older I think you might have trouble emigrating dc, been looking myself on the visa sites and the comments boxes are full of muslims begging to go to Canada, fs middle east might be empty soon haha

Big empty country Canada,lots of scope for people if you have skills they want and are adaptable,i know a number of brits who have set up shop over there,know one or two who have returned to blighty but the majority have stayed,its not halfway round the world like Australia,its a relatively short flight away for relatives who want to visit.

i went to visit canada,strange place,got more rules,red tape than here for hunting fishing,the fishing book you get once you bought your licence is mind boggling.it becomes difgicult to move once you got kids.just enjoy where u are,and what u got or your,ll eat yourself up with,"what ifs"

• Like 1

Big empty country Canada,lots of scope for people if you have skills they want and are adaptable,i know a number of brits who have set up shop over there,know one or two who have returned to blighty but the majority have stayed,its not halfway round the world like Australia,its a relatively short flight away for relatives who want to visit.

is there an age limit for tradesmen to go work there, I was told uk was 30 and irish was 35,