The Good Life....living The Dream?

Reading stuff on here always makes me think a lot, my job is pretty easy but comes with a lot of pressure and always on a push mostly from the guys I work for. I always think about trying elsewhere but sometimes worried that after 11 years, maybe better the devil you know n all that. My biggest problem with it is that I find it very difficult to unwind at the weekends. I can't sleep past 6am witch isn't really a "problem" but I feel like I'm always on edge and grumpy ect when around the kids n that when I should be having fun with them. I always take them to fun places but never really feel in the mood to join in with them and always rushing them about a bit. Sad really when I think about it! Always tell myself that this is normal and the way it needs to be. But is it? Money is not amazing btw can be if u give up al your time doing OT but I don't get involved in the paper chase these days

I think having a day out to do something you enjoy would help with that, my old man used to hassle me to go fishing when I was under bucket loads of stress and was working too much, I never really felt like it but I always felt loads better afterwards.

Stress is a horrible thing

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met

I had big dreams once, I believed that if I continued to work myself in to the ground for just a few more years I could end up with my dream house in the countryside. The last oil crash gave me a mass

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup,

Posted Images

There not out yet lukey, but aye there wee b*****ds can totally spoil youre trip.

however here's a tip i got from the locals when i first moved here.

Avon skin so soft spray. It does work. Well better than anything else i have tried.

The best thing for midges it works %100

Dissolve some sugar in water put in a spray bottle and spray that on your face arms etc.

I work mostly nites .but always up early doors out with the dog.Someties lift the rod and few spinners if the tides in and have a few casts on the sea loch. Its peacefull and quiet and ive saw roe deer , reds on hills and sea birds im not sure of species not clued up on them. I did get a book from the library on them to try educate myself more.

meet lots of hikers aswell from all over the world who stop and have a wee chat or ask for directions to somewhere or other.

Some mornings a couple otters make an appearance good to watch them but wasting youre time fishing lol

• Like 5

I work mostly nites .but always up early doors out with the dog.Someties lift the rod and few spinners if the tides in and have a few casts on the sea loch. Its peacefull and quiet and ive saw roe deer , reds on hills and sea birds im not sure of species not clued up on them. I did get a book from the library on them to try educate myself more.

meet lots of hikers aswell from all over the world who stop and have a wee chat or ask for directions to somewhere or other.

Some mornings a couple otters make an appearance good to watch them but wasting youre time fishing lol

Can't put a price on that Scot
  • Like 1

Yeh I've been trying to learn about the birds we have here as well it's a lot of fun especially if you have a camera.

Next on my list is to learn about the different trees because I am terrible on trees and plants, we have a dell behind our house with loads of different types so once we know what they are we'll be reminded every time we walk past them

• Like 1

That's the next bay over to us, the house is within a bird sanctuary, it is also next to the car park which gets hammered with tourists so that would be a downside, also you would get views of the two new nuclear power stations being built another negative.

£250k can get you some very nice properties here especially if you go inland a bit.

That's the next bay over to us, the house is within a bird sanctuary, it is also next to the car park which gets hammered with tourists so that would be a downside, also you would get views of the two new nuclear power stations being built another negative.

£250k can get you some very nice properties here especially if you go inland a bit.

It wouldn't be a downside if 1 of them big outbuildings was turned into a smart cafe for all the bird twitchers.

Could be a goldmine Nik.

• Like 4

It wouldn't be a downside if 1 of them big outbuildings was turned into a smart cafe for all the bird twitchers.

Could be a goldmine Nik.

Bloody Hell that's a cracking idea :thumbs:

Could be a goldmine Nik.

Bloody Hell that's a cracking idea :thumbs:

The car park being there is spot on Nik.

I'm sure those twitchers are keen on the binos in winter aswell.

Get in there and get it bought Nik.

Once those twitchers tell everyone else about the cafe they will flock lol.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

I've been dreaming about moving to Poland, loved it there lastweek. Just a shame the wages are so poor and the cost of living is so high. They might have broken free from communism a long time ago now but there's some serious corruption going off there still.

10 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

I've been dreaming about moving to Poland, loved it there lastweek. Just a shame the wages are so poor and the cost of living is so high. They might have broken free from communism a long time ago now but there's some serious corruption going off there still.

You should have a look at Bulgaria, it's like a bugsy Malone movie, the bad guys still wear suits and drive black cars ?