The Good Life....living The Dream?

like fuk,,,GET THIS FOLKS....WHEN DEATH COMES ITS ALL OVER,,,,,,,FINITO...THEEEE ENDDDD.no more awareness or existence...how the hell could ye be ready for that..my mother was an old catholic raised lady,never saw bad in anyone,she had a tough life,hard upbringing,over the years she had sickness herself,watched her daughter suffer all her living years suffer from depression (and still does)and whatever,her husband/my father died a few years before her and she suffered from strokes for 2 years before she died...and she told me she had no fear of death...well when the time came she was terrified,it was obvious by her demeanour she was scared,and she had religious faith,something none of her offspring carry to this day,,I dont care what anyone says...NO ONE WANTS TO NON EXSIST. the best bit is you live in the memories of your loved ones ..the worst is you become a name on a head stone and bio degradeable..lol

f**k sake..to early for such thoughts ....im walking the dogs :laugh:

Couldnt agree more......to my mind anyone who has no fear of death is not doing enough living.

• Like 1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met

I had big dreams once, I believed that if I continued to work myself in to the ground for just a few more years I could end up with my dream house in the countryside. The last oil crash gave me a mass

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup,

Posted Images

Disagree mate. I think they just know its an inevitable fact of life.Its going to happen and there nothing anyone can do to stop that.

I think for some its more a fear of the unknown.for me as a person who does not have a faith or a belief in an afterlife thats never been an issue.

I dont particulary want to die just yet but i have accepted it can happen anytime.

I suppose if im honest my only " fear" but concern would be more approriate word is that it wont be a long drawn out process. Whether anyone believes me or not hand on heart i dont fear death. Just hope my death is a dignified process.

• Like 3

Spot on...Not down with a long painful death me..Other than that there's only one reason to live is to try do right by the kids..i can only hope I am do that before my time comes..Other than that not to fussed..I honestly believe I would of been dead years ago if it wasn't for family and caring what they think..

Gnash said that every man has his price. Can't argue with that, but for some of us it isn't £ notes or $ bills.

I posted earlier that if you don't like your situation, change your situation. When I first got married I was very money motivated. Worked all the hours I could and made some decent coin along the way. When I found out I was going to be a dad I doubled down and worked more so that she didn't have to. When my eldest was born I worked myself a stomach ulcer spending the day working doubles and sleeping at the hospital...

This carried on until my eldest turned 5. I looked at all the hours I'd worked, money I'd squirreled away, saved enough to put some money down on a house. Was pretty chuffed with myself at this point... Then my son said to me. "Dad. Why do you have to work all the time?" It hit me because my dad worked all the time too and as much as I appreciated what he did for us, and fully understood why he did what he did, all I wanted to do was spend time with him. I decided to figure out what I wanted. Did I want to graft all the time and pay into a system that couldn't give a flying f**k, or do I change my situation so that I can balance work and family? Fast forward to this moment and I moved away. Changed career. Changed scenery and worked on what was important to them, as well as me.

I took a job that allowed me to earn but also gave me a lot of downtime. I work 14-16 hr shifts but I only work 3 a week, leaving me 4 days of R&R. I took a pay cut to do it, too. The perks for me were the quality time I got to spend getting to know my family again. I had to sacrifice the luxuries I was used to. We no longer have the latest, and greatest. We don't eat out as much, we don't even have satellite tv any more. I paid off all the bills to the point where I only have a mortgage outstanding, and I moved to a place where the property was fairly cheap and I even over pay so I can get my mortgage paid off early. Even if I was forced into a situation where I had to work at McDonalds, for minimum wage, I could cover my bills and as a result I don't worry about money. The catch is the 30 mile commute I have to make but the view from my front window is enough to make that a pleasure as opposed to a chore.

I have three teenagers now. Pretty typical teenagers only they haven't grown up on a rough inner city council estate, like they would've done if we'd stayed. We're outside in the forest, a lot, with the dogs. Fishing plays a big part too. We spend quality time together and I still get the phone call in the week where they ask me when I'll be home, and what we're doing on my weekend. My teenagers still want to spend time with me, so I must be doing something right...

I have a fantastic family life. I'm not, and never will be rich. But I consider myself wealthy because of my situation.

To answer the original question, I wouldn't change my situation for 6, 600, 6m, even 6bn, and that's not an idle bluff. I have my price but I've paid it. My price was spending my sons sunrise years with them as a father and as a friend. Time I had one shot at. Time I can never repeat. Time I would spend again, in a heartbeat. Money could never buy me that.

YIS, Chris....

• Like 9

Reading stuff on here always makes me think a lot, my job is pretty easy but comes with a lot of pressure and always on a push mostly from the guys I work for. I always think about trying elsewhere but sometimes worried that after 11 years, maybe better the devil you know n all that. My biggest problem with it is that I find it very difficult to unwind at the weekends. I can't sleep past 6am witch isn't really a "problem" but I feel like I'm always on edge and grumpy ect when around the kids n that when I should be having fun with them. I always take them to fun places but never really feel in the mood to join in with them and always rushing them about a bit. Sad really when I think about it! Always tell myself that this is normal and the way it needs to be. But is it? Money is not amazing btw can be if u give up al your time doing OT but I don't get involved in the paper chase these days

• Like 5

Reading stuff on here always makes me think a lot, my job is pretty easy but comes with a lot of pressure and always on a push mostly from the guys I work for. I always think about trying elsewhere but sometimes worried that after 11 years, maybe better the devil you know n all that. My biggest problem with it is that I find it very difficult to unwind at the weekends. I can't sleep past 6am witch isn't really a "problem" but I feel like I'm always on edge and grumpy ect when around the kids n that when I should be having fun with them. I always take them to fun places but never really feel in the mood to join in with them and always rushing them about a bit. Sad really when I think about it! Always tell myself that this is normal and the way it needs to be. But is it? Money is not amazing btw can be if u give up al your time doing OT but I don't get involved in the paper chase these days

yo cant touch the same water in a flowing river twice,once its passed its gone forever.(geranimo)

• Like 3

Some people feel no attachment to their own land and can move anywhere in the world and feel at home,Gypsies for example seem to find it harder to settle than stay put.

If you've got roots you'll always be drawn back home to blood and soil imo,I think the nomads are missing out,but they'd no doubt say the same about me.

No matter how overpopulated,spied on,or restricted you are,if you're part of the land the land's part of you.

I understand that totally mate, used to feel very much the same.......then I realised that while I was fighting this noble battle in my head for the land I love and its people and culture........nobody else gave a f**k!

So I thought bollocks to them, let em die and I'll get on with seeing what's best for me.

I have disagreed with most of what you have said so far on this thread but that's a fair enough comment pal. I guess Iv found a nice spot for myself, avoided all those nasty loan sharks and don't feel like the government is 'abusing' me. So I guess I'll keep fighting that noble battle for people you rightly say don't give a fck. ?

Edited to say it was comments on the poverty threat that I didn't necessarily agree with

Edited by DIDO.1

yo cant touch the same water in a flowing river twice,once its passed its gone forever.(geranimo)
Yeah mate I get that, I do spend most weekends with my family it's just my problem is that I don't feel like being fun or even happy sometimes just full of dread knowing what's coming the following week, I mean this weekend me n that wife took the two youngest away in the moterhome, yesterday when we got to the place I was just a write of m just felt so anti social trying to avoid any communication between me n anyone else lol, my wife knew and just let me chill out n relax and played with the kids. Felt a bit better this morning then I got a phone Call from my gaffer before 12pm to tell me I was away to Inverness this week what I had to do ect and that was me just pissed of again! So Sunday fuked because I had to head home earlier than I thought to get shit sorted as I have to be up early tomorrow for an induction in Inverness at 7:30am. Is that pretty much the norm and I'm just being a greeting faced c**t lol I don't know!
  • Like 4

If its any consolation lukey the weather up here is very nice lol

Haha! Yeah it's nice here aswell the kids are just out back in the paddling pool n my dads got the BBQ on, I'm sat inside because my sister is playing music too loud and I can't be arsed lol! Where are you now? I was wanting to take the van up to sky then back down past avimore ect but just ended up going somewhere a bit closer to home as on went for one night, can't whack driving up past glen Coe ect on a sunny day

Im just tge ither side of fort william mate. Yea glencoe is nice. Well when its sunny.I find it an eerie place in the winter. If you feeling particulary fit next time you're there you should have a bbq at the lost valley in glencoe. Recommend checking it out. Bit of a wee hike but worth it. :)

• Like 2

Im just tge ither side of fort william mate. Yea glencoe is nice. Well when its sunny.I find it an eerie place in the winter. If you feeling particulary fit next time you're there you should have a bbq at the lost valley in glencoe. Recommend checking it out. Bit of a wee hike but worth it. :)

Yeah mate I'm looking into Doing a decent hike with the wee mans fight team to fund raise for them so going to do a few on my own 1st! I'll check that out. I'd love to stay up there but don't think I'd survive the midges lol

There not out yet lukey, but aye there wee b*****ds can totally spoil youre trip.

however here's a tip i got from the locals when i first moved here.

Avon skin so soft spray. It does work. Well better than anything else i have tried.

There not out yet lukey, but aye there wee b*****ds can totally spoil youre trip.

however here's a tip i got from the locals when i first moved here.

Avon skin so soft spray. It does work. Well better than anything else i have tried.

Yeah mate my mums used that stuff since I can remember for the b*****ds! It dose work but they still get me, must have some nice blood lol.

• Like 1