The Good Life....living The Dream?

Don't get me wrong boys, I love the landscape of the UK and the people are top class, it's getting f****d in the arse at every turn by the system I couldn't deal with and didn't feel I had the right to condem my kids too either.......I find it truly disgusting.

The land is lovely but for me it's no way to live.

But that is just me.

• Like 5

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

were i live mackem for the last 13/14 years is a sorta living the dream,,if there is a such a thing....if you know what I mean..going away in the van here or abroad.me and me best mate the missus..met

I had big dreams once, I believed that if I continued to work myself in to the ground for just a few more years I could end up with my dream house in the countryside. The last oil crash gave me a mass

im living it right now, never enters my head to be elsewhere, I will be 73 this Thursday, and want fer nowt, apart from a touch of arhritus in my left hand, im in good health, got myself a decent pup,

Posted Images

Don't get me wrong boys, I love the landscape of the UK and the people are top class, it's getting f****d in the arse at every turn by the system I couldn't deal with and didn't feel I had the right to condem my kids too either.......I find it truly disgusting.

The land is lovely but for me it's no way to live.

But that is just me.

If you don't like the situation, change the situation! I know immigration is a subject beaten to death on this forum but that's essentially it... People moving to improve their situation. I've done it. You've done it, and that's what we're witnessing across the globe.

30-40 years ago that wasn't much of an option. You drew out on the lottery of life, and you were limited to geography. Now if you're not happy with the hand you're dealt you can change it. Vote with your feet. If you're not actively working on improving your situation you're either where you want to be, or you're deluding yourself. :thumbs:

• Like 3

I love sitting outside early morning having a coffee and all you can hear is the birds. Didn't know what I was missing all these years.

It's a nice sound unfortunately for me I finish work at 4am and unless I dive straight in to the bed the bloody birds are deafening, I've never head anything like it lol

It was much quieter at that time in the morning in Stockport. Once the little barstards quieten down it's very peaceful here :laugh:

attachicon.gifMorning.jpg

Not much happening, this fine coffee morning, but all I can hear are meadowlarks. :thumbs:

It's funny, I look at that & think wow! I could handle some of that..........where as say my best mate moved to Central London (Bermondsey) over ten years ago & thinks moving out to zone 3 would be a massive compromise! Haha......My brother is the same, moved to London over 20 years & thinks it's the centre of the Universe!

Peoples ideals & how they differ always fascinate me ....:-)

It's funny, I look at that & think wow! I could handle some of that..........where as say my best mate moved to Central London (Bermondsey) over ten years ago & thinks moving out to zone 3 would be a massive compromise! Haha......My brother is the same, moved to London over 20 years & thinks it's the centre of the Universe!

:thumbs:

I went from 3 million neighbours, to 80,000, and finally down to 600. It took the best part of a decade from decision to implementing the plan, and I've moved a lot more than I'd like to, but I made it to exactly where I want to be. The only way I'm leaving this place is in a box! ;)

It's a big step but after an honest evaluation can you look at everything and say "This is what I want?"

If you can, that's great. If you're wanting something else you need to establish what, and carpe momentum! :thumbs:

• Like 4

:thumbs:

I went from 3 million neighbours, to 80,000, and finally down to 600. It took the best part of a decade from decision to implementing the plan, and I've moved a lot more than I'd like to, but I made it to exactly where I want to be. The only way I'm leaving this place is in a box! ;)

It's a big step but after an honest evaluation can you look at everything and say "This is what I want?"

If you can, that's great. If you're wanting something else you need to establish what, and carpe momentum! :thumbs:

I've struggled with that question all my life! :laugh:

I think you know, mate, but it's a big step when you weigh up the evidence! :thumbs:

LOL, that's the problem.

Me: "Oh hey Mam Dad Sis Bro, I've had a guts full of this place and f***ing off somewhere more appreciative of a person of my particular flavour!"

Me mam: "Where!?"

Me: "New Zealand, I feel I'm a kiwi at heart and just want a bit of freedom, this place is rapidly going to shit for a fella like me and I've got nothing holding me here really."

Me mam: "Well that's great Son. But are you sure you want to leave the job you don't particularly enjoy to do the same job (if it exists) in a country you have never been anywhere near ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET and on your own, just because you want to see less people and hunt more freely?"

Me: "That's a good point mother, but it looks good on youtube!"

:laugh::laugh:

In reality 'me mam' is a voice in my head! LOL

• Like 3

Some people feel no attachment to their own land and can move anywhere in the world and feel at home,Gypsies for example seem to find it harder to settle than stay put.

If you've got roots you'll always be drawn back home to blood and soil imo,I think the nomads are missing out,but they'd no doubt say the same about me.

No matter how overpopulated,spied on,or restricted you are,if you're part of the land the land's part of you.

• Like 1

I love sitting outside early morning having a coffee and all you can hear is the birds. Didn't know what I was missing all these years.

I,m the same walshie nothing better ,today I was on my roof doing some needed repairs now what should have taken me a couple of hours to do took 5 because I'm sat up there gauping at feral goats walking along my boundry fence ,choughs doing there aerobatic displays ,kestrals diving in my feild for voels and stoats running around with there kits and the sun was out

• Like 2

The place I have just been staying,you can see the windsock on the 650 meter grass strip,the couple gave up a Manchester semi for a truly idyllic lifestyle and a thriving business,lots of outbuildings you could do up for B&B gives,I am booking some lessons in the Pyrenees with a guy who has done similar,left the UK and now teaches flying because it's his passion,but all dreams cost cash,I met a guy the other day who teaches paramotor,fixed-wing,flex-wing AND gyrocopter,but only at weekends as he is a bus driver,he doesn't have the courage to jack the buses in and venture out on his own as a flight instructor,but he certainly has the skills,just no self belief.

post-1930-0-70720600-1493740678_thumb.jpg

post-1930-0-27930800-1493740794_thumb.jpg

• Like 2