Joey Barton Ban

Length maybe harsh but he did bet on his own team losing ( although he wasn't in the squad on those occasions ) this ban in line with others caught, the rules are clear and no grey area so no excuses and while I agree on a total ban surely a player betting on a team they have no influence on ( a non league player betting on a world cup game for example ) isn't as bad as a horror tackle where you could very likely break a leg and end someones career ?

A player who gets a straight red card for a dangerous tackle and the will in all likely hood just get a couple of games ban, abuse the ref and probably only get a yellow at most, it's an exaggeration maybe but get caught betting on Afganistain Vs Usbekistan and you may get a season or four off....

• Like 1

I personally think he has made a rod for his own back over the years and the fa have taken this chance to bury him

This have probably cost him a last million or so from a final deal, total idiot

Saying that I believe it kind of sums up Barton's career with an ignominious end

Truly wasted his talents over the years , could have and should have been an England regular