New Lurcher Lamp Have You Say

If they had a dial with 1-5 to dim I shouldn't think it would make them much more expensive ,it's the actual development, if they have to use new mouldings etc. So maybe if they start from an existing lamp and use different/better/ more suitable parts,the cost wouldn't be so great.

Probably best helping them along by telling them what led type you want and the beam shape etc by doing a bit of research into what led 's are suited to what we want

I reckon his biggest problem is speaking the lingo. Lol. I bet there's been a few crossed wires. "LED with prawn crackers and seaweed?" Haha. Fair play to him for keeping at it.

I've got an Indian bloke at work who's been in the country 20 years and I still don't get a word he says.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered about a dimmer,,,   the most impotant thing is the beam,,,,in genral the longer the beam the better,,,like a blitz distance wise and width wise,,,but the unit the size of a striker,,,,a

oh,,,and ive always thought the outside should be rubber,,,not that plastick

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?   This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbi

I enquired about a few things off Alibaba.

Never again ! That was through email . they didn't know what I was talking about..made the mistake of talking on the phone.but them I am from the black country :D

• Like 3

The deben 150 only have a years warranty.

I've had one and friend only lasted us a season .. led went dim .. chargers are crap . Charger point f****d ..

Then again I'd buy a new set up every year if I had to

Not one of mine lol them new lamps your mate picked up should be the ticket for next season. Better improved change to they tell me

• Like 1

ANY ONE NO WHEN THIS NEW LAMP MAY BE OUT

If all gos well next season. But could well be longer it will all come down to money

i will invest £20 to help out, if it all takes off i want a 50% equity share of the new lamp business lol.

• Like 1

ANY ONE NO WHEN THIS NEW LAMP MAY BE OUT

If all gos well next season. But could well be longer it will all come down to money

i will invest £20 to help out, if it all takes off i want a 50% equity share of the new lamp business lol.

I will invest £25 for a 40% equity share. Hahaha

• Like 1

Lol like dragons den now trigger looks a bit like Debra meadun gaz like that other ugly bird we will get you a long black wig gaz lol I'm off to the back wall to think of a counter offer lol

Dont know if its been said already but a big downfall of the striker etc is that they are designed to chunky. you cant just put it down the front of your jacket without looking conspicuous, the old home made ones you made would lie flat against your chest. Not just a problem for getting noticed but easier to carry around.

Looks like its coming together at last not going to be a over night thing no pun intended.

If any of you lads need and biothane

Terrier collars £5/£6 or coupling small £12 Large £16 extra large hound £20

Lurcher collars pm me dropped prices to help fund lamp project further discounts for large orders p+p to be added

Also got good buck skinning knife's £15

Bare grill's knife's from £10

Pm if you need any lads

I think when u are "doing things" in field after a catch, alot of people probably just throw the cordless on the ground...where strikers u can dangle from your neck.

Possibly why some are breaking.

Lad I know had tree deben replaced with faults but he kept throwing it or dropping it to floor.

He put a lanyard on his third an it's been fine since.

why is the striker difrent to the 150,,,you can add a cord to both and dangle from your neck,,,,why would you not.. :blink: and why would anybody chuck a lamp on the ground.....?

i duno why he did it, he didn't throw it at the ground hard... But just dropped it to the floor while dealing with things.

i think narrow beam be more benefical,,less obvious as well,lets face it most lads be hedge hopping,,light weight is a must for me,silent button,thats a nice button thats on the red white light,its just a shame over the black spot on white beam,but as you say they did not really perfect that one yet,but if the white light was spot on it would be a nice little light that would tick alot of the boxs,how about trying to put red led in lght and seperate white light in light as well, with rocker switch for top light to white and bottom of switch to red,ive seen this done and its really good

i think narrow beam be more benefical,,less obvious as well,lets face it most lads be hedge hopping,,light weight is a must for me,silent button,thats a nice button thats on the red white light,its just a shame over the black spot on white beam,but as you say they did not really perfect that one yet,but if the white light was spot on it would be a nice little light that would tick alot of the boxs,how about trying to put red led in lght and seperate white light in light as well, with rocker switch for top light to white and bottom of switch to red,ive seen this done and its really good

We are on the same page mate its jest lads want dimmer as well and its hard to get it all in one lamp and batterys that can last all night