New Lurcher Lamp Have You Say

1 size,,,,same as striker

2 beam,,,as long as possible..

3 beam colour,,more halogen coloured..

4 internal battery,,,to last as long as possible,,built in to handle rather than on top..

5 external material,,rubber if possible,,,but this is not as important as the things above..

6 dimmer ,,and filters,,,,im not bothered about either,,,,but some lads are..

i have the 150 off you dave,,it just needs a few tweeks in my opinion to make it better ,,,the battery on it lasts a good night,,,so thats good,,,if it had a longer beam with a bit more over spill,,,and a more halogen coloured beam ,,,in mmy opinion that would be perfect...

This but I would want a filter.

• Like 1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered about a dimmer,,,   the most impotant thing is the beam,,,,in genral the longer the beam the better,,,like a blitz distance wise and width wise,,,but the unit the size of a striker,,,,a

oh,,,and ive always thought the outside should be rubber,,,not that plastick

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?   This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbi

Any one now about patent law and is it big bucks

Very expensive.

You need to prove that your idea is unique and no-one else has applied for the patent ,even if there idea hasn't been made into a product, they may have patented it.

You have to search worldwide patent offices ,to see that it has never been granted or pending, then have drawings made up and apply,the patent office then decide if it's original which takes a good while.

• Like 1

D lloyd i really enjoyed using the 150 last season but me and nottzhunter hammered ours over the season . We caught over 1500 rabbits last season but both lamps had lost there lenses and the beam went square towards the end of the season. So a tougher lamp that doesnt go square because i will need to replace the old one this season and £45 gets exspensive if i have to do that every year. I didnt have a problem with the power, we managed to catch 141 rabbits with two 150 lamps but a longer beam would be an improvement.

Not had this with any one ells could you have bean bit ruff on them mate did the lights go square be for or after lens come out

D lloyd i really enjoyed using the 150 last season but me and nottzhunter hammered ours over the season . We caught over 1500 rabbits last season but both lamps had lost there lenses and the beam went square towards the end of the season. So a tougher lamp that doesnt go square because i will need to replace the old one this season and £45 gets exspensive if i have to do that every year. I didnt have a problem with the power, we managed to catch 141 rabbits with two 150 lamps but a longer beam would be an improvement.

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?

This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbies. I know fishermen that pay hundreds of pounds a year just for memberships. That's without upgrading their rods, reels, bivvys, alarms etc. Golfers, motorbike lads, martial arts lads, shooters, even lads who sit at home on computer games. It all costs more than our hobby. Not just a dig at you but why are dog lads so tight? Nobody wants to spend their cash. People moan about dogs being expensive if they're more than £100 and now we've got expensive lamps at £45 even though you admit to hammering it and taking over 1500 rabbits with it? That's 5 seasons for most people, 10 for some.

£45 lamp for 1500 rabbits, that's 3p a rabbit. Lol.

If D Lloyd can produce everything we're asking for and it costs £45 and lasts one season... I will take 2.

• Like 6

I agree with gaz completely 45 pound for a lamp is a cracking price and I would buy a new one every season if needed! A good friend of mine would easily spend 30/40 pound on new tackle and bait a weekend for his fishing comps. Rew what are you doing with your rabbits? My local butcher pays me 2 pound a rabbit gutted and skinned. I could of made some some serious money after filling mine and the old lady's freezer with a season like yours. All the best

I agree with gaz completely 45 pound for a lamp is a cracking price and I would buy a new one every season if needed! A good friend of mine would easily spend 30/40 pound on new tackle and bait a weekend for his fishing comps. Rew what are you doing with your rabbits? My local butcher pays me 2 pound a rabbit gutted and skinned. I could of made some some serious money after filling mine and the old lady's freezer with a season like yours. All the best

not really,,,a local butcher aint going to sell 1500 doged rabbits ,,your avrage butcher dont want more than 20 a week...

as to price,,,the hole idea behind D.L enterprise is to beat deben and lightforce price,,,wich hes doing,,no need to get up to silly money..

like i said before,,,the 150 is a good starting point,,,add better brighter led,,warm colour,,,extra batterys you can slot in handle,,,simples

• Like 1

My butcher has 3 shops and he's never turned me down before. Maybe I'm just lucky. I am not saying he would be able to cater for 1500 rabbits but even if anybody wants to drop in a dozen rabbits a week to there local butcher the lamp would of paid for its self in no time. fair play to d.l he is asking th lads what they are after in a lamp. You don't see the big names doing that, and they will charge 3x the price

Tomo are you related to trigger and teckers by any chance they swop underwear at end of a nights lamping so they jest got different ones for next night cheaper than a hand wash but they are odd you and vin be at it next season lol

• Like 1

Can only echo what gaz said really. Far too many people with working dogs, terriers, gundogs and lurchers, moan about the cost of equipment, food, the cost of pups etc, it's a bit silly.

Lloydy sounds like he knows what he's doing, and is asking people that do alot of lamping for their input/thoughts.

Hope it works out for you mate :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

£45 per season! I'd expect it to last longer than a season. What are you doing with them, dispatching your quarry?

My Deben lasted me 3 years and then was sent back to Deben for a over hall, due to a broken dimmer. They said they reconditioned it, but it was a complete new handle, bulb and flex. The only original bit was the head (reflector and lens). That cost me about £40 including return delivery.

It's been going over 2 years since, I think was originally £75.

And generally my first 4 rabbits are dog food only :icon_eek: .

About the separate battery business, most have got good lithium batteries already, hence why I suggested it. I'm not bothered either way, batteries in or out.

i just dont see why it would be that much more than the others,,,

and yeh i am tight,,,,but im very poor as well,,,its these chavies running round this house,,there like locust,,im forever feeding them,,

i just dont see why it would be that much more than the others,,,

and yeh i am tight,,,,but im very poor as well,,,its these chavies running round this house,,there like locust,,im forever feeding them,,

Like a hungry litter of kits Tomo. Lol

• Like 1