Black And Tan

Shitty assed Jagd's lol, sure they're all the business now!!! They'll be bred into stuff and in 10/20 years time we'll be arguing on here saying the same thing over and over again.

Some folk don't and would never rate the Border terrier. Yet the majority never seen a Border work. The funny thing about it is, the Border terrier is strong in the pedigrees in a hell of a lot off black dog lines and it's not a Big secret either.

Hopefully the jagds don't take place of something that doesn't need replaced.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 7

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long gone now, got some good digging with that dog over the years.

On reading through this thread I remembered something that I read in terriers and terrier men. In the part where Maurice bell is asked "what type of terrier do you keep" his reply was " fell type lak

Nice dogs Liam and general one of my young ones just started this year

Posted Images

Weather you think jagds are the bees knees or not, one thing that is true is that their not an out and out digging dog, and when there's so many good proper digging stuff about why would I want to pay stupid amounts to buy one of the new fashion accessories. Not for me ill stick to what I've got, cheap and ugly but they graft.

• Like 4

I had a real usefull little lakey bitch years ago that could be droped in any earth as she was fox only and would not stay with badger pre-ban.She was nothing special to look at,rough wirey coat,black n tan in colour but a great little worker.She done 3 days to ground once on badgers pre-ban in heavy snow and storms and as it was also pre locator we could not locate her but she eventually came away and made her way to the farmers house who straight away came and got me.She had taken a hell of a lot of punishment but after a very long lay off she recovered.Her bottom jaw had been broken and it reset a little to one side but she could eat and drink without difficulty and as she was just over 3 year old at the time i decided to try her to ground again co,me the following season.She entered no prob but only done about 5 minutes and came away and this happened each time she was tried on badger so we knew her days of working badger PRE-BAN were finished.She was not over big so it was decided to give her a go at fox as they were worth good money for the pelts at that time.She had done a few fox before her ordeal in the snow and dealt with them easily and it turned out that this was to be her future for another 9 years before she died,a few of here dug over her and will remember her.I bred her once to a 3/4 lakey xfell and she produced a couple of real good workers,one in particular a dog called Bonzo which a friend of mine had that also worked into old age.A round the year 2000 i was gifted a nice lakey bitch from a chap in NI and she was cominy on nicely then one night some scumy b*****ds robbed all my dogs,that was the last working lakey i had or for that matter seen.

I was recently looking at some old photos and found one of you and ol' Pat K. washing "Tiny" in a stream after a dig. Maybe her last dig.

As for the Lakeland bitch that got stolen on you ?

If I remember correctly that family of Lakelands used to produce a lot of blue coloured terriers with coats on them like a coconut shell.

That was her last dig if you remember it was in a tube that ren along the back of PJ,s shed from the shore.The annoying thing was that the fox only got her as we lifted her after breaking her of it but in that instance if you remember he done some damage,her full muzzle could be lifted up to her skull,she took a long time to get over that but did and i had her retired at that stage.She came into season and i tried a mating with her son Bonzo hoping that she would hold.Well she held ok but whelped earlier than expected and i was at work only to come home and find her dead with 1 pup born and another just about to be but something went wrong.I took her to a local vet who was a friend of mine just to ease my mind and when he examined her he said the 2nd pup was huge and was twisted in her and she could not whelp it and thats what killed her,the 1st pup did not survive either and thats all that was in her,2 pups both dogs,i took her home and buried both her and her pups at the bottom of the garden,really liked that little bitch and she always gave her all.

• Like 3

no not sure about the breeding init I wasn't that wise only in my teens just starting into terriers just know the sire was a bull Russell, and they might be Dunlops that am wearing

Is the dog 100% lakeland P ? and are they nike air max ?

no not sure about the breeding init I wasn't that wise only in my teens just starting into terriers just know the sire was a bull Russell, and they might be Dunlops that am wearing

Adidas LA Trainer's them bad boys :tongue2:

Planning on breeding this bitch later,,,if she has any more than 3 you can have one...if you get sorted before that,,,no harm done...you can pm me if you need any details..

I had a bitch similar to this from Brightmore about 1976, she was a great worker and companion. The called her Wet Paint in the pub as if you disturbed her she'd draw blood.

• Like 5

The idea of using jagd blood would be accused of been for looks only because if it was working ability seeked then there is a far better pool of working black dogs out there but the jagd brings back the Black and Tan colour. There is some great working lakelands out there just look at the good working lines of dogs and they are in there it's just black is a dominant colour. You could have two pups in the same litter and give them to two different men and one would call his a Lakeland type and the other a patterdale. Does it matter as long as there not from the show bred stuff.

• Like 3

I once had a litter from a Lakeland bitch to a black Patterdale, I had four white bodied terriers, one black and tan bitch and a black bitch ! Technically I could of cleared up in every ring at the show

• Like 6

Last litter I bred was from a black bitch I have here to black and tan dog breed from our old stuff bitchs parents were black and tan but through this black bitch she had 4pups all dogs 2 black and tan and 2 black all being dug to we seem to have a lot of dog pups in these and very few bitchs that's why I used the black bitch for this litter getting harder to find decent bitchs to use mate has got one at minute only young won't be 2 until august but we have dug a lot of stuff with her so hopefully the future looks ok

• Like 4