Black And Tan

There are a few about but VERY few and getting harder to find me and couple of mates keep a couple each and can trace them back a fare way we only breed a litter when we need to and pups go between us or any others go to working homes were we can keep in touch but as said money ruins everything so no money changes hands

• Like 11

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long gone now, got some good digging with that dog over the years.

On reading through this thread I remembered something that I read in terriers and terrier men. In the part where Maurice bell is asked "what type of terrier do you keep" his reply was " fell type lak

Nice dogs Liam and general one of my young ones just started this year

Posted Images

Seen the black and tans goin for daft money seen some advertised for 400 notes a pup wtf!!!!!

I was looking abit back , 400 quite common , one breeder told me 500 :blink:

shame about your dog twm , it certainly not easy but 15 hes lived a life bless him

• Like 1

Seen the black and tans goin for daft money seen some advertised for 400 notes a pup wtf!!!!!

I was looking abit back , 400 quite common , one breeder told me 500 :blink:

shame about your dog twm , it certainly not easy but 15 hes lived a life bless him

It's mad that even at that working dogs are cheaper than cross bred pets, bred for pet homes.

A woman at my work spent 2+ weeks of her wages, £1,200 on a french bulldog pup and the same again on bringing it backwards and forwards to the vet.

There are a few about but VERY few and getting harder to find me and couple of mates keep a couple each and can trace them back a fare way we only breed a litter when we need to and pups go between us or any others go to working homes were we can keep in touch but as said money ruins everything so no money changes hands

That's pretty much the code myself and most I know live by.

But you have to wonder will what your doing now preserve working Lakies or eventually lead to it's diminishing and dying out? Surely not breeding from very high quality bitches is more damaging to working lines than if pups were free or not? B

• Like 2

Had a good b&t lakie that done me proud over the years. Dug to him to he was 13 yr old, even though he'd slowed down a lot he still got the job done, he was no world beater but i dug some stuff with him, he put plenty of others to shame in his time. I could have bred him umpteen times with Russell's and blacks but I didn't because I wanted to find a b&t bitch as good as him. Never did in the end unfortunately. Such is life.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 5

But you have to wonder will what your doing now preserve working Lakies or eventually lead to it's diminishing and dying out? Surely not breeding from very high quality bitches is more damaging to working lines than if pups were free or not? B

breeding from poor stock is only for those that want to get rich I only breed from tested stuff for the love of the dogs not the love of the coin
  • Like 6

breeding from poor stock is only for those that want to get rich I only breed from tested stuff for the love of the dogs not the love of the coin

You've taken me up wrong, you're talking about "breeding from poor stock"

I'm talking about the very very opposite, Not Breeding from good stock, I think that's damaging.

• Like 4