New Pup

After searching through all the shit x bred mongrels on the internet with a pricetag for hundreds££££

i found this little fella.

Gunna be my fulltime mooching parter with a bit of luck IMG-20170423-WA0002_zpspumgbx5k.jpeg

20170424_195600_zps1tvrtbug.jpg

Edited by duggy
  • Like 2

Well atm lads all he wants to do is sleep

Hope he shapes up dont want another couch potatoe lol

IMG-20170427-WA0002_zpsvtczi0o1.jpg

IMG-20170426-WA0001_zpsvvxaxsli.jpg

Atb duggy

nice pup that, and nice to see the old staff likes it as well. Over the years i done fair bit of beating , with out dout a good springer you wont get a better type dog, cockers are good as well , that bit more size and strength with springer,they do the lot on land and in water :yes: . how was it bred , from big working type kennel or just more of person who bred for there selves , you can pm if you prefer . :thumbs:

Hi bird.

Hoping to do a fair amount with him. The staffs great with pups even though hes knocking on @13 he still puts up with there constant torment lol.

It was a young lad who owned the dam and to be fare on him his bitch (and pups) were in great nick. He used dam for beating/picking up on numerous local shoots. Sire is a dog called chinachgook generous and supposed to be a real good dog.there is info about him on the net.

Atb duggy

Hi bird.

Hoping to do a fair amount with him. The staffs great with pups even though hes knocking on @13 he still puts up with there constant torment lol.

It was a young lad who owned the dam and to be fare on him his bitch (and pups) were in great nick. He used dam for beating/picking up on numerous local shoots. Sire is a dog called chinachgook generous and supposed to be a real good dog.there is info about him on the net.

Atb duggy

i had a quick look at the sires breeding my springer is the same breeding the sire of mine is buccleuch pepper.

• 4 weeks later...

Cracking pup i wish my springer was like that in the house cnut just stares at me non stop to bring him out even when were only in from a three hour walk.

PMSL I learned the hard way about working breeds being a total novice, there was a guy on here called Ricky Springer who said (and we are talking 8 years ago LOL) something like "be careful of getting the best bred dog you can because you might end up with a Ferrari". Of course I didn't listen, I thought why wouldn't you get the best?

Well I have never forgotten that, I got my lab which has field trials winner lines and has Drakeshead in him and for the first 5-6 years I never saw him asleep ever, I could sneak downstairs at 4am in the morning and he would be there wide awake and looking at me as if he was saying "I'm ready what are we doing now?!"

Even in a lot of pain from his medical problems he doesn't give a crap, he would hunt for hours and run himself in to the ground if we let him.

Anyway having that eye contact is a great thing :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cracking pup i wish my springer was like that in the house cnut just stares at me non stop to bring him out even when were only in from a three hour walk.

I hate it lol. My lurcher is all ways laying in his crate with one eye on me just in case. His all ways listening and I only have to touch his rope lead in the kitchen and he hears it from his crate in the front room just the bloody rustle of it.

His a good lad but if we ever have another its going out side

PMSL I learned the hard way about working breeds being a total novice, there was a guy on here called Ricky Springer who said (and we are talking 8 years ago LOL) something like "be careful of getting the best bred dog you can because you might end up with a Ferrari". Of course I didn't listen, I thought why wouldn't you get the best?

Well I have never forgotten that, I got my lab which has field trials winner lines and has Drakeshead in him and for the first 5-6 years I never saw him asleep ever, I could sneak downstairs at 4am in the morning and he would be there wide awake and looking at me as if he was saying "I'm ready what are we doing now?!"

Even in a lot of pain from his medical problems he doesn't give a crap, he would hunt for hours and run himself in to the ground if we let him.

Haha that's my dog to a tbadand your right about working through pain my cnut was in the sick bay the last few weeks he hurt his leg bad jumping into a rockpool he was on three legs for a few weeks and still wanted to run all over the place and never wimpered once he's just been on the lead and swam but not near enough the amount he needs he's doing my head in just sitting looking at me all day,jumping up every time I move.

I hate it lol. My lurcher is all ways laying in his crate with one eye on me just in case. His all ways listening and I only have to touch his rope lead in the kitchen and he hears it from his crate in the front room just the bloody rustle of it.

His a good lad but if we ever have another its going out side

I feel your pain my was like that all of the time because he is a Lab his first instinct when excited is to pick something up usually a shoe!! This means that our house always had shoes in random places and on the counter tops and everywhere because he would think he was going out and rush to bring a shoe to us. It drove me insane, he is nearly 8 now but still does it. We also now have a cocker pup who is a shredding machine, I have never seen anything like it she will grab a piece of cardboard and turn in to 1000 tiny pieces within minutes.

The joys of having a dog :laugh:

• Like 1

Haha that's my dog to a tbadand your right about working through pain my cnut was in the sick bay the last few weeks he hurt his leg bad jumping into a rockpool he was on three legs for a few weeks and still wanted to run all over the place and never wimpered once he's just been on the lead and swam but not near enough the amount he needs he's doing my head in just sitting looking at me all day,jumping up every time I move.

Yeh it's not even funny, we just had to spend a small fortune because he had some problems with his elbow if we don't keep him locked in a bedroom we will find him play fighting with the cocker in the front room and he is supposed to be resting!

I decided to stop giving him the pain killers in the end, maybe a bit of pain will take the wind out of his sails and slow him down.

He also never really shows pain, the surgeon reckoned he was in a lot of pain for a good few years and even when manipulating his joints he was surprised that he didn't really show any pain.

No more labs for me!!