Prosport Tbt Full Drop-In Kit

this will be short and sweet because its something tom asked me about.. cheers

i picked the droppin kit up this morning from the post office and have fitted it tonight!!

the kit

post-102306-0-24394900-1493064077.jpg

this is my mates ps that was twangy and running at just over 10flb, id stripped it and polished it up before and it made a difference but i struggled like hell to get the power up as he wanted it more or less on the limit, i was going to order a vortek one off tony but they got sent to the wrong county so my mate wanted this!

i stripped it down and removed the piston seal to fit the short stroke.. heres the short extension

post-102306-0-76406000-1493064371.jpg

i was a bit dubious at first with being able to see the tapping... but it went together fine and i borrowed some locktight from the bloke next door to set the grub screws!

when fitted the extension didn't quite sit flush with the piston so i fitted it to the drill and spun it out with fine paper till it was flush

post-102306-0-12584400-1493064610.jpg

then moly'd the appropriate parts ready for sorting the spring..

the spring guide needed trimming to allow for the top hat build up and the large slip washer and small one came to a good size match for the original steel aa one :thumbs:

post-102306-0-38460500-1493064847.jpg

post-102306-0-09308700-1493064885.jpg

then i put her back together and started the testing...

it was unbelievably smooth with no twang what so ever but only doing 8.4 so i added 2 of the power washers that pushed it to 9.02 still felt good but my mate wants it at the max.. so 4 took it to 10.2 which is what most lads would be happy with and its excellent at that power..

so if your happy at 10,2 that I'm sure will rise 4 washers is the magic number..

still not up there for my mate though so its got 6 in witch takes some cocking but brought the power right up to where i wanted it, a new stiffer spring would sort out the preload overdose but thats for another day if he wants it doing!!

so all back together and its rose from 10.7 with 50ish pellets through to 11.35 with aa-field and 11.87 with my highest power pellet the h&n barracuda

extremes!

its way smoother even at the extreme end and no twang what so ever the recoil is still only slight I'm well happy with it and i bet he will be too, i altered the trigger to because it was just dangerous,first stage was so long and second there was no crossover/resistance at all :icon_eek:

maybe not the best right up but is the tbt full drop in kit worth doing??? in my opinion yes :thumbs::thumbs:

and if your happy with mid 10's then its an excellent investment!!

atb and cheers si

• Like 5

Now thats the power i like a rifle to be at 11,47 ,,,11,48,,,but id be just as happy at 11,87 :yes:

but on saying that as you know Si the merlyn is now sitting at 10,35 or there abouts and she is as accurate as feck

and puts them to sleep on the spot

any way my good friend you have done a cracking job on that pro sport mate well done ,,your mate will be over the moon with it .

Do me a faver SI see how much you can get them two hw35,s for me mate off rob at you know where

one i want for my self and the other is going to be this years donator rifle for the meet just like the diana was :yes:

i was going to sell one when i finished it but we still do not have a rifle to send down to davyt63

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Si, lads, I`m no gunsmith but does this help any as the T Rex and Pro Sport are very similar ( I`m told) ?

post-85710-0-22680100-1493067980.jpg

A Titan spring was installed to back the short stroke up.

You remember the first results, I`m sure.

post-85710-0-14991500-1493068348.jpg

atb Mark

p.s. Primos sticks used

• Like 4

Si, lads, I`m no gunsmith but does this help any as the T Rex and Pro Sport are very similar ( I`m told) ?

attachicon.gifIMG_0263.JPG

A Titan spring was installed to back the short stroke up.

You remember the first results, I`m sure.

attachicon.gifIMG_0275.JPG

atb Mark

p.s. Primos sticks used

:fool: :fool: :fool:

Nice job Si.

That will definitely knock em over!

It would have knocked em over at 10.2 but look out bunnies now

Would not be to bad if his mate could shoot :whistling:

:D :D :D

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

haha... i won't mention that to him cos he'll be coming to the meet, he's not bad at all!

67yrd sitter with a head shot freehand last week :laugh:

Sounds great si brown! Them tbt kits are great and the project of polishing, fitting and adjusting them is soo enjoyable and satisfying. Another great side to the sport of airgunning maybe? And the info one here from guys like you are a god send. Enjoyed reading that very much. Bloody ace.

• Like 2

Might get another PS. Would you have a dabble on mine si if I send it all and get a kit delivered?

thought you did your own dabbling rez?!

that tx i had i just polished and added skid shims and that solved everything for feckall... this prosport had a shagged cop tube so jimmy gave me an old spare he had but i think it was worn unevenly thats why i couldn't get the power up with the aa piston seal

get one in september and ill fettle it while your out picking :laugh:

Sounds great si brown! Them tbt kits are great and the project of polishing, fitting and adjusting them is soo enjoyable and satisfying. Another great side to the sport of airgunning maybe? And the info one here from guys like you are a god send. Enjoyed reading that very much. Bloody ace.

cheers tom.. I'm like you i enjoy tinkering as much as shooting.. full closet geek :laugh:

think we all pick up ideas and different perspectives from posts on here ...

have fun with your new 110 :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 2