Who Needs Ferrets

another enjoyable day in the field with the lurcher, I saw in the distance what appeared to be a tree rat, but as it got closer, I realised it was a stoat, which entered a warren, so thought, get the dog ready for any bolters, sure enough, they piled out, young'uns, slipped the dog, and she had one, further on into our mooch, she marked a bed of nettles, up on her hind legs looking, the nettles were waist high, ive wondered what her would do under those circumstances, shes witnessed nettles, so I waded in and moved the bugger, turned around, and just copped her diving in, didn't get the rabbit, but more than pleased with her drive, ive been around dogs best part of my life, and know a decent worker when I see one, I honestly cant fault her at 9 months, we have really bonded now, her recall is spot on, she comes when I call her with her head held high, she wants to come back to me, where as before , she new she had to, she was the last one in the litter, maybe we were meant for each other, soon as she sees me putting on my jacket, she now knows whats in front of her, work

• Like 6

another enjoyable day in the field with the lurcher, I saw in the distance what appeared to be a tree rat, but as it got closer, I realised it was a stoat, which entered a warren, so thought, get the dog ready for any bolters, sure enough, they piled out, young'uns, slipped the dog, and she had one, further on into our mooch, she marked a bed of nettles, up on her hind legs looking, the nettles were waist high, ive wondered what her would do under those circumstances, shes witnessed nettles, so I waded in and moved the bugger, turned around, and just copped her diving in, didn't get the rabbit, but more than pleased with her drive, ive been around dogs best part of my life, and know a decent worker when I see one, I honestly cant fault her at 9 months, we have really bonded now, her recall is spot on, she comes when I call her with her head held high, she wants to come back to me, where as before , she new she had to, she was the last one in the litter, maybe we were meant for each other, soon as she sees me putting on my jacket, she now knows whats in front of her, work

Great stuff Keith,

Brilliant with the stoat as well!!

Glad the pup is coming good for you, sounds a nice promising youngster