Video Of Huntsman Spearing Charging Boar

Seen this clip loads, looks Great!

https://outdoors360.com/video-hunter-takes

yeh brill that , that boar was deff going for him, it right what it said on the page though, he took a real risk , because one little slip and that boar would have deff been on him and wreaked him , ive looked at couple times , he done great job , very cool/calm , when you got them things running about takes some bottle not to go up a tree , it funny how quick can move when you have to lol

As has been said, balls of steel! Amazing to think that apart from his clothing this scene probably hasnt changed in three hundred years, just a plucky hunter, his hounds and a spear. I remember capstick wrote about a latvian hunter traveled to brazil to become a famous loepard hunter. He trailed them with mixed breed dogs that would keep out of harms way with the leopard, until the hunter caught up with the fray. Facing down a leopard with a spear in tbe masso grosso swamp was preferrable, because the cover didnt allow the use of a rifle. Hell of a way to make a living ! I think the guys name was sasha siemel.

• Like 2

I can't see the clip on this machine Ted, but I assume it's the one of the Bowmar black bear hunt?

It didn't look particularly good spearing an unassuming bear over bait but I did think fair play to the lad. He trains hard and hunted a dangerous critter without a backup firearm with a very basic weapon. The anti lobby are forever saying shit like "you wouldn't be so brave face to face" or "you wouldn't be so brave without a gun/pack of dogs". Well that fella proved em wrong and they just got even more outraged! LOL. Think UA dropped him as one of their brand ambassadors/athletes too, which got them a backlash from the hunting lobby.

The thing is born hunter is right, it takes real dedication, and serious minerals, to do that, the lad pimitavley hunted that bear, I think he followed up next morning, which I wasn't keen on, they probably went mad, co's he enjoyed it, can't have people displaying enjoyment in hunting, and for me the spear clearly did its job,

• Like 1

Watch Tim Wells filming himself lying under a tree in Africa all alone when he thought he was dying after a spear hunt goes wrong.

He was lucky to not hit the femoral artery! I watched another of his clips where he is bowhunting in a blind by a water hole in Texas and they get a bunch of illegals come running through, which gave them the panic because they thought the illegals were armed drug runners! HA!

Most of that spear hunting seems to be from tree stands. Fair enough and I understand why but wouldn't really interest me.

The thing is born hunter is right, it takes real dedication, and serious minerals, to do that, the lad pimitavley hunted that bear, I think he followed up next morning, which I wasn't keen on, they probably went mad, co's he enjoyed it, can't have people displaying enjoyment in hunting, and for me the spear clearly did its job,

I'm not knocking the guy, I agree with everything you've said......I just can't help thinking if he'd edited that film a little differently or been a bit more discreet, then maybe, just maybe they might be able to still spear hunt legally today?

• Like 1