Size Comparison Usa Vs. Europe...

I lived in North West British Columbia for years,Done a lot of hunting and trapping whilst there which was worldclass.

But in my opinion the rest of canada and the usa isnt any better than here in the UK.

its not cheap to hunt over there and the seasons are short.access can be dificult unless you have a lot of gear or hunt on private land.

a lot of hunting in the usa is over food plots or baits which is feckin boring.

Hunting deer without dogs is boring, period. We just throw out some corn and shoot what's needed to fill the freezer. Other than that deer season is time to catch up on getting gear straight for the winter hunting. I shoot all the deer I need and then hurry back to the house to get everything squared away for the real fun.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out some of my other posts. I've offered to put dog men up so they can get on their feet and have a go in the USA. IT might be a buss kill for some. We don't drink, swear, party or cause trou

We have a pub in Cumbria older than America   People always make me laugh about Britain   There is still a lot about here that maintains the title great   I was lucky enough to grow up in Cum

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance givin

Posted Images

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance giving out his morning call or see a Hurd of deer break across the field

Well hell, we have that too, plus a list as long as your arm of other game that would be out there. Herds of deer (4 kinds), elk (about like a stag), antelope, moose, mtn. goats, mtn. sheep. Wolves, coyotes, fox, mtn. lions, bear, bobcats, fisher, pine martins, coon, hares, rabbits, grouse, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc., etc...

so out of that wonderful list of animals

how many do you need to buy a tag for?

how many are draw animals?

how many do you need a fur license for?

what would be the cost to shoot every animal on that list

EDIT

whats the bag limit also on those animals

Edited by Ted Newgent

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance giving out his morning call or see a Hurd of deer break across the field

Well hell, we have that too, plus a list as long as your arm of other game that would be out there. Herds of deer (4 kinds), elk (about like a stag), antelope, moose, mtn. goats, mtn. sheep. Wolves, coyotes, fox, mtn. lions, bear, bobcats, fisher, pine martins, coon, hares, rabbits, grouse, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc., etc...

A small game license covers most of the smaller stuff. The rest is separate licenses. The costs vary depending. It's cheaper than grocery shopping. The sheep and moose here are spendy but I don't really know what those cost because I'm not much for hoofed animals except for eating but I'm not wanting to pay to much per pound of meat so I just stick with deer. If I was out West I would throw elk and antelope on the menu. I don't know what it would cost to hunt all of them in one year and don't know anyone that hunts it all at once. I'm more of a dog man, which is why this is posted here and not on some trophy site.

A small game license covers most of the smaller stuff. The rest is separate licenses. The costs vary depending. It's cheaper than grocery shopping. The sheep and moose here are spendy but I don't really know what those cost because I'm not much for hoofed animals except for eating but I'm not wanting to pay to much per pound of meat so I just stick with deer. If I was out West I would throw elk and antelope on the menu. I don't know what it would cost to hunt all of them in one year and don't know anyone that hunts it all at once. I'm more of a dog man, which is why this is posted here and not on some trophy site.

ok so there is a cost involved to shoot/hunt those animals on your list.

.this is the point i am trying to get across as UK hunters

seldom incur any costs in hunting for the table,maybe if they join a deer syndicate but

playing the devils advocate with you,if those animals were available to UK hunters and they had permission

on the appropriate land,they could fill their boots and freezers with meat.

no bag limit,no tags etc

i have the same choice of animals here in canada,but its not cost effective to hunt them all and lucky if we get drawn for any either.

i have bag limits and tags for bloody everything.

i dont trophy hunt,meat for the freezer all the way

When it comes to room to hunt it is, were not talking about girlfriends here.

Oh yhea I forgot that everything's bigger and better in the good old U S of A ............

For hunting he's got a very good point like......

It's not as free and easy as he makes out ... different laws for different states .....

And nearly every state has less restrictive hunting laws than all of the UK. What's your deal. Are you one of those people that just doesn't like to see others happy? What a sourpuss!

When it comes to room to hunt it is, were not talking about girlfriends here.

Oh yhea I forgot that everything's bigger and better in the good old U S of A ............

For hunting he's got a very good point like......

It's not as free and easy as he makes out ... different laws for different states .....

And nearly every state has less restrictive hunting laws than all of the UK. What's your deal. Are you one of those people that just doesn't like to see others happy? What a sourpuss!

Sock's hates Americans. One stole his girlfriend and he's never gotten over it.

• Like 3

I like the states,but some of them are insular,i met one guy who told me he doesn't need to leave the country as everything you could ever want is right there,and if he wanted to see the world he had nat-geo on his big 60 inch telly :D

Canada is better though :tongue2:

Canada is goofy as hell about gun laws. Over here you can shoot whatever you please in all of the states that matter to a hunter. I wouldn't go East of the Mississippi River if you can help it though. It's not bad over there but there's less people and more room up North or out West.

Canada's gun laws are a shame. The canucks are great people, and they do well hunting. But they go through heck to buy a rifle and you can forget a hand gun. I could go buy another pistol (like I need another one) tomorrow.

In general, I'd say the hunting is better in the east. Especially deer, and grouse. But if you want to run sight hounds then the west is the best. My Lurcher is decent, but he's basically wasting away here in Michigan.

I like the states,but some of them are insular,i met one guy who told me he doesn't need to leave the country as everything you could ever want is right there,and if he wanted to see the world he had nat-geo on his big 60 inch telly :D

Canada is better though :tongue2:

Canada is goofy as hell about gun laws. Over here you can shoot whatever you please in all of the states that matter to a hunter. I wouldn't go East of the Mississippi River if you can help it though. It's not bad over there but there's less people and more room up North or out West.

Canada's gun laws are a shame. The canucks are great people, and they do well hunting. But they go through heck to buy a rifle and you can forget a hand gun. I could go buy another pistol (like I need another one) tomorrow.

In general, I'd say the hunting is better in the east. Especially deer, and grouse. But if you want to run sight hounds then the west is the best. My Lurcher is decent, but he's basically wasting away here in Michigan.

canadas gun laws are strange but we dont go through 'heck' to buy a non restricted rifle.i phone up a gun shop,give them my credit card number

and they stick it in the post.

as for purchasing a hand gun,as long as you have a restricted license,range membership and the ability to buy one,they stick it in the canada post

and ship it to you.

whats so wrong with that?

I once wanted a visa to holiday in the USA...........I was politely told to feck off ..........so the chances of me being able to live there would be pretty slim

Would I go if I could..........In a fecking heart beat

i got in there by the skin of my teeth when I took my tribe to Florida Jesus the bloke on the passport desk tried to make me feel like a piece of shite but I suppose that's his job it was nice over there for a holiday but I don't think I could move over there

49 other states to base an opinion on. Here's a tip. Stay away from the coasts, they're full of weirdoes.
ha ha ha your sure it doesn't get any weirder the closer you get in land hmmmm

Rule Britannia we might not be as big as your neck of the woods but if it wasn't for us you wouldn't have half the breeds and stuff over there

Well, we got 'em now partner, and you guys haven't done any thing new for a while...step on over o the wild side! :)
aint got the time my friend to busy trying to conjur up and new breed for you to have over there

how about a 54 year old? lol.id be turned around and told feck off back home,

you can see some of the comments with negative vibes straight away,niggling away and waiting for a bite...I think its a very interesting topic,if I were a good few years younger id love to try,being a painter/decorator I expect id find a job handy enough,,,Id love a lash at them prairie jack rabbits,the oul saluki 1st x redning his arse , :yahoo:

• Like 2