Size Comparison Usa Vs. Europe...

When it comes to room to hunt it is, were not talking about girlfriends here.

Oh yhea I forgot that everything's bigger and better in the good old U S of A ............
For hunting he's got a very good point like......
It's not as free and easy as he makes out ... different laws for different states .....

Nevertheless I'm betting policing ain't half as bad as over here.....

I think you will find it's ten times worse ... check out how many wildlife police departments there are in America on top of the normal police ......

As I stated earlier, I've been hunting and fishing most of my adult life and have only been stopped a handful of times and never gotten a ticket outside of a warning for not having enough floatation devices in my boat. I hunt as much as nearly anyone I've ever met. I'm nearly 47 years old. The number of police and fish and game cops is nothing compared to the land and water they have to cover. It's very rare to even pass them on the road more than once or twice a year.

thats the damn problem hunting in north america,we have anally retentive 'fish police' or conservation officers as they are known.

i have lived and hunted in the UK and the laws there are clear cut as can be.

i now live and hunt in Sask canada and the laws here are grey/phucked up/restrictive to say the least.

each province has its own laws,each RM (local town council) has its own laws.

they dont make things simple

and as for size....the north americans love their 'muscle' cars V8 6litre 600bhp engines just so they can go 60mph...70mph at a push LOL

Edited by Ted Newgent

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out some of my other posts. I've offered to put dog men up so they can get on their feet and have a go in the USA. IT might be a buss kill for some. We don't drink, swear, party or cause trou

We have a pub in Cumbria older than America   People always make me laugh about Britain   There is still a lot about here that maintains the title great   I was lucky enough to grow up in Cum

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance givin

Posted Images

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance giving out his morning call or see a Hurd of deer break across the field

• Like 5

that i do miss

but saying that,nothing beats a nice sunny winters day -20c and calling coyotes

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance giving out his morning call or see a Hurd of deer break across the field

• Like 4

My uncle is over in Connecticut if that's the right spelling. He's been there 15 years. Started off in the Everglades, south Florida I believe.

He's not got a trade as such. He was a road worker here but landed on his feet over there. He's in charge of a gang of lads laying underground pipes now. Raking the coin in and his boss pays for him to live in a wooden cabin in the woods and drive a big V8 pickup.

He's got 3 dogs what he just calls hunting mutts. Not runners as such. The look like big hounds. He has some fun with them. They have big drives to guns on a weekend. Lads circling a wood with shotguns and the dogs just go off flushing stuff through.

I don't know what the laws are like though and I know I'm some states you can't even own a ferret.

If I didn't have a wife and little girl I might be over there with him now. But I aren't one for change really. My next move will be when we rent this house out and build a log cabin on some of my old mans land. That will do for me.

That kind of work is straight up my street, how much does he earn like?
I honestly don't know but I knows he's not short of a few quid, and he went there broke.

I could ask him for you and find out what the cost of living is like if you were genuinely interested.

Just dreaming pal, don't think I could leave the family behind even though I'd love it over there.

That's it mate you gotta put family first. As I said if I was single and didn't have a daughter then my mindset would be different.

• Like 1

Ted,i saw a few of these public appeals on canuck TV,this ones the crime of the month,moose shot from the side of the road.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=saskatchewan+moose+shooting+poaching+report&view=detail&mid=DED01E774750BAD58AE2DED01E774750BAD58AE2&FORM=VIRE

yes happens a bit over here.one reason why they have fish police.

but saying this,that moose could of been gut/texas heart shot,i fled miles away from the hunter and died there,who knows.

they found 7 moose shot and left, one time quite close to me

you find deer in ditches missing their heads (this means a hunter just plugged a deer for the rack)

sometimes its white man hunters sometimes its native hunters,its complicated

• Like 1

I once wanted a visa to holiday in the USA...........I was politely told to feck off ..........so the chances of me being able to live there would be pretty slim

Would I go if I could..........In a fecking heart beat

• Like 3

I once wanted a visa to holiday in the USA...........I was politely told to feck off ..........so the chances of me being able to live there would be pretty slim

Would I go if I could..........In a fecking heart beat

i got in there by the skin of my teeth when I took my tribe to Florida Jesus the bloke on the passport desk tried to make me feel like a piece of shite but I suppose that's his job it was nice over there for a holiday but I don't think I could move over there
  • Like 1

yes they have a fair few different rules.

they can hunt as much as they want on their treaty land,there is a certain limit i think of 4 deer,one elk and moose a week.

they cant hunt on private land unless they have permission

white man cannot assist a first nations hunter anyway shape or form

in my main hunting zone its a draw for elk.there is 1000's of them.there was 150 draw tags this year alone.

so after the game season is finished the local council (RM) calls in the first nations hunters so they curb the elk numbers down.

the government wont increase the number of draw tags though.

like i said before its complicated how the hunting works over here.

the first nations people arent treated very well around by me.

Yes,i have a friend who works with first nation peoples,different rules because of their status.

We have a pub in Cumbria older than America

People always make me laugh about Britain

There is still a lot about here that maintains the title great

I was lucky enough to grow up in Cumbria , to mess about in the woods and fields , to go to the jakes or over the border to family all big the coast in Galloway or in the hills of the borders

You don't have to travel far to be isolated there !

I had a field at the end of my street I could walk into and not see another house or car all day if I wanted to ratch

Now I live in the Suffolk delta , sunken forests and lazy sunsets over the sea ,

I look abroad and see opportunity , but when I see that rain splattered CUMBRIA sign on the A66 , I never ever feel more st home

• Like 6

When it comes to room to hunt it is, were not talking about girlfriends here.

Oh yhea I forgot that everything's bigger and better in the good old U S of A ............
For hunting he's got a very good point like......
It's not as free and easy as he makes out ... different laws for different states .....
And nearly every state has less restrictive hunting laws than all of the UK. What's your deal. Are you one of those people that just doesn't like to see others happy? What a sourpuss!
Nope

I'm one of those guys that doesn't like big headed bragging yanks .......

Give your head a shake FFS.....

Tell me why do I need to give my head a shake .......

What you guys are still doing over there is a mystery to me. If you want some room to breath and more land to run than you can shake a stick at but lack that final reason to move, here it is...a simple size comparison:USA-Europe Overlay.png

Get me a well payed job and I'm there.....

What do you do?
Rail and Construction work, basically anything if it's decent money.

I don't know how you could get it any easier than that. There's so much work it would make your head spin.

Thats not what trump says? Edited by Accip74