Certain Books Of Interest.

Hello to all members,

I Just thought I'd post a few illustrations of various books that may interest not just the Terrier folk but also many other readers also. Please accept my apologies if people think that I have posted within the inappropriate forum.However, by displaying a somewhat different range of books the topic of interest may just reach certain interested parties of readership. Also it would be of interest perhaps not just to myself but to others who are interested in books; not just reading but also to collectors or well known bibliophiles.

Hoping that some members may produce with their own illustrations of what books they read or may have in their own collections, however large or small. I also ask if anyone is familiar with the (New Naturalist) series of which produce many outstanding titles if just for the attraction of the normal everyday reader or for anyone with certain academic abilities.

Any books would be of great interest perhaps not just to myself but to other interested individuals.I hope certain titles may find the interest within our certain readers.

Regards, Lutra...

If interested I may post more illustrations.

post-99609-0-69143300-1492782158_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-40544400-1492782179_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-86373800-1492782222_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-94551500-1492782322_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-98588400-1492782366_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Yellow Earl. A good read of a period in english history when hunting and dogs were the norm. 5th Earl of Lonsdale, reputed to have his own strain of working terrier. He kept a record of the bre

Any of you lads ever read "running with the fox" ?

FF,   The story of this mans life you really could not make up.   His older brother was schooled to inherit and become the wealthiest man in Britain. Hugh Lonsdale never remembers a time when he

Posted Images

Red fox a good read mate . Cover of down the bright stream looks like Darcy lol.

Down the bright stream is a BB classic and IMO should be made compulsory in schools, LOL. Better than any Shakespeare.
Got a couple of BB books myself Neil. The little grey men is good! A childrens book so suits me lol. Some of BB books are really expensive!
  • Like 1

Red fox a good read mate . Cover of down the bright stream looks like Darcy lol.

Yes Foxy it is a good book and a wealth of information. The well known biologist David Macdonald has wrote some good books also. I'm reading one of his in particular concerning 'Rabies in Red Foxes"! When I was a youngster I knew a Sottish Biologist and I used a clever Russell that was something of an expert at bolting Foxes. Whereas I'd handle them while the friend of mine collard them in the process. I'm not a liar and I've only ever been bit bad, not nipped but bit really bad in approx nearly 40 years. That was when I was doing the Terrier work for the South Notts. A young friend who keepers in Northumberland obtained on copy off myself and he remarked of how good the book is. I'm going to get in touch with Bosun and pay my way, as I have a lot of stuff that may help out the genuine guys. 'That's how I'm afraid, I'd sooner do some one a good turn than a bad one. Also when the chips are down and things get tough I'll never, ever leave anyone in the lurch. 'I've never wronged a man yet, and I'm not about to now. Apologies for droning on!

• Like 1

Down the bright stream is a BB classic and IMO should be made compulsory in schools, LOL. Better than any Shakespeare.
Got a couple of BB books myself Neil. The little grey men is good! A childrens book so suits me lol. Some of BB books are really expensi

I totally agree about BB. He was far a head of his time and his book(The little Grey Men) inspired the genius of the great, but troubled soul, Syd Barrett of (Pink Floyd) fame.

post-99609-0-54893200-1492811132_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got a couple of BB books myself Neil. The little grey men is good! A childrens book so suits me lol. Some of BB books are really expensi

I totally agree about BB. He was far a head of his time and his book(The little Grey Men) inspired the genius of the great, but troubled soul, Syd Barrett of (Pink Floyd) fame.

Big big fan of Floyd for many years!
  • Like 1

Certain books that may stir the imagination!

Captain Jocelyn Lucas :The Sealyam.

The Otter

Fox-hunting in Cheshire.

Never Out-foxed

Wildfowl in studies words and pictures. Artist Richard Robjent, Author Brian Martin

post-99609-0-85380100-1492811250_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-51523600-1492811368_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-95975400-1492811404_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-55450000-1492811446_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-24242000-1492811504_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-98600400-1492811848_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-24682700-1492811950_thumb.jpg

post-99609-0-83802500-1492812034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lutra Lutra
  • Like 2

Who is BB? I've not heard of the author before?

Denys James Watkins-Pitchford was a British naturalist and a childrens author who wrote under the name BB. If you go on Ebay RH and type in books by BB, many 1st editions are commanding high prices. Hope that helps mate? ATB
  • Like 1

We had to read A Midsummer Nights dream at school thought the Nightmare was never gonna end
  • Like 3

We had to read A Midsummer Nights dream at school thought the Nightmare was never gonna end
Try Twelth Night! What the F**k was that all about!!!!
  • Like 1

Who is BB? I've not heard of the author before?

Denys James Watkins-Pitchford was a British naturalist and a childrens author who wrote under the name BB. If you go on Ebay RH and type in books by BB, many 1st editions are commanding high prices. Hope that helps mate? ATB

My favourite author of all time.

He wrote several children's book but always incorporated fieldsports into them.

He also wrote for a long time for The Shooting Times and they still reprint his articles regularly. His wildfowling articles are unsurpassed IMO.

You can feel the breeze in your face and smell the salt when you read them.

I've 8 or 9 of his books.

His masterpiece Brendan Chase was made into a television series. Imagine kids in a programme nowadays trapping, killing and skinning a badger ?

There'd be war.

I'm pretty sure it's available on-line.

• Like 1