Best Lurcher For Deer

A bulls stamina is totally different to that of a running dog,surely everyone knows that? Bulls ain't renowned for stamina in regards to running,a Saluki,Collie are..Simple as that ✌

I don't know anyone that would use a Bull for running?

They don't do bad on the treadmill when being brought on.

I'm not saying they don't but ANYONE who breeds Bull for stamina when it comes to breeding lurchers want to stick to breeding toy dogs,I've a Pom here that does a 100 miles a week on the Fells,it's nearly 11,I've NEVER EVER seen it knackered yet I'd not class it as worth breeding off regarding stamina lol..Anyways to the deer

My little whip/stag caught one,was up on its back ended up getting kicked and needing stitches.If I could get a giant version of her I'd be on a winner I think.

Or if it learned to take a throat hold you would be on a winner .......
A throat hold is great with the smaller species but on the bigger types that technique don't cut the mustard I'm afraid,not until the beast was grassed anyways,running alongside & trying to take a neck hold invariably gets the dog nowhere fast apart from being trampled all over,them bigger animals are just another kettle of fish,they do not fold like a daft Roe etc that is in my limited experience of dealings with them back in the last millennium ✌
Without a doubt if stamina is what you're after then it would be Saluki everytime but I'm not buying it that the APBT has a detrimental effect on stamina when put to a Greyhound. I think it's more to do with them putting in that extra effort compared to say a Collie cross and idiots who think they can lay the dog up in the off season and expect them to perform miracles unfit.
Greyhounds are shite full stop mate,I've never in my life seen out worth kenneling out of one,i cant understand why lads use em,a big fast,racy type of any kind is better than them piece of shit..Bull x Fast Lurcher type,they would be worth owning but out of a Greyhounds belly or sired by one not a f***ing chance ✌
I can't agree with that pal, I've seen some very handy 1/2 and 3/4 crosses but I agree I'd rather have a dog with some working history behind it.
If you or anyone can enlighten me to what a greyhound has to offer over a lurcher I'd love to hear it? They run on sanded tracks which are rolled to perfection & race in an anti clockwise direction EVERYTIME they run,they have no jacket,no brains,bad feet,prone to muscular injuries,have no stamina and are reckless runners with no natural awareness of obstacles etc..So as NONE of the aforementioned are attributes I'd want in my dogs what else have they to "offer" lol
Who's talking about Greyhounds? I'm saying I've seen very handy 1/2 and 3/4 Bull/Greyhounds.

I think you're being very harsh on the Greyhound though, the influence it has had on the Lurcher world is massive.

Handy at what lol,they are too slow for daytime work & have no gas for a hard nights graft lamping big numbers maybe around an earth then or chucking out a motor mugging gear on the lamp is that what you mean? ..they are very limited at what they can do,listen i have no axe to grind with you over Bull types,we have one,I've seen hundreds run over the years,my mate had one of the 1st in the country a dog called Shane,its blood is still around here,it was out of a match dog called Nailer but they have more limitations then other types,if you want a one trick pony then great..a Greyhound is a heap of wank full stop,i can GUARANTEE I've a f***ing Pomeranian that has caught more gear than EVERY one of the useless c**ts in England,Ireland,Scotland & Wales put together,so im saying a Pomeranian has more to offer than them heaps of garbage ?

• Like 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try asking again in October matey..Everything has either had young or is about to give birth,catching gear at this time is a big no no that is if you have morals of any kind? Plus you are only kidding

If you think chasing with dogs is less stressful than shooting, you will find out when you come to eat the meat how wrong you are, the meat of a dog killed deer is much tougher to eat because it is fu

Seen this guy last night as the Pom & i walked back through the forest to the car,he was a cracker..Wasn't far off being dark so the pics not the best ?

Posted Images

Lol fuji haha

I've already been getting WhatsApp messages bud off people reading this but not commenting haha,greyhounds are great really guys,just love getting the blood pumping & fingers typing of the sighthound lovers lol

Listen peeps,Greyhounds are sound,my Boots dog is out of a 3/4 Grey he has no stamina but i put that down to the Saluki in him ?

• Like 3

A bulls stamina is totally different to that of a running dog,surely everyone knows that? Bulls ain't renowned for stamina in regards to running,a Saluki,Collie are..Simple as that ✌

I don't know anyone that would use a Bull for running?

They don't do bad on the treadmill when being brought on.

I'm not saying they don't but ANYONE who breeds Bull for stamina when it comes to breeding lurchers want to stick to breeding toy dogs,I've a Pom here that does a 100 miles a week on the Fells,it's nearly 11,I've NEVER EVER seen it knackered yet I'd not class it as worth breeding off regarding stamina lol..Anyways to the deer

My little whip/stag caught one,was up on its back ended up getting kicked and needing stitches.If I could get a giant version of her I'd be on a winner I think.

Or if it learned to take a throat hold you would be on a winner .......
A throat hold is great with the smaller species but on the bigger types that technique don't cut the mustard I'm afraid,not until the beast was grassed anyways,running alongside & trying to take a neck hold invariably gets the dog nowhere fast apart from being trampled all over,them bigger animals are just another kettle of fish,they do not fold like a daft Roe etc that is in my limited experience of dealings with them back in the last millennium ✌
Without a doubt if stamina is what you're after then it would be Saluki everytime but I'm not buying it that the APBT has a detrimental effect on stamina when put to a Greyhound. I think it's more to do with them putting in that extra effort compared to say a Collie cross and idiots who think they can lay the dog up in the off season and expect them to perform miracles unfit.
Greyhounds are shite full stop mate,I've never in my life seen out worth kenneling out of one,i cant understand why lads use em,a big fast,racy type of any kind is better than them piece of shit..Bull x Fast Lurcher type,they would be worth owning but out of a Greyhounds belly or sired by one not a f***ing chance ✌
I can't agree with that pal, I've seen some very handy 1/2 and 3/4 crosses but I agree I'd rather have a dog with some working history behind it.
If you or anyone can enlighten me to what a greyhound has to offer over a lurcher I'd love to hear it? They run on sanded tracks which are rolled to perfection & race in an anti clockwise direction EVERYTIME they run,they have no jacket,no brains,bad feet,prone to muscular injuries,have no stamina and are reckless runners with no natural awareness of obstacles etc..So as NONE of the aforementioned are attributes I'd want in my dogs what else have they to "offer" lol
Who's talking about Greyhounds? I'm saying I've seen very handy 1/2 and 3/4 Bull/Greyhounds.

I think you're being very harsh on the Greyhound though, the influence it has had on the Lurcher world is massive.

Handy at what lol,they are too slow for daytime work & have no gas for a hard nights graft lamping big numbers maybe around an earth then or chucking out a motor mugging gear on the lamp is that what you mean? ..they are very limited at what they can do,listen i have no axe to grind with you over Bull types,we have one,I've seen hundreds run over the years,my mate had one of the 1st in the country a dog called Shane,its blood is still around here,it was out of a match dog called Nailer but they have more limitations then other types,if you want a one trick pony then great..a Greyhound is a heap of wank full stop,i can GUARANTEE I've a f***ing Pomeranian that has caught more gear than EVERY one of the useless c**ts in England,Ireland,Scotland & Wales put together,so im saying a Pomeranian has more to offer than them heaps of garbage ?

A good Bull X can catch in the daytime so don't know what you've seen?

There's some bold statements there pal but hey ho each to their own, every dog has it's limitations but I disagree they are one trick ponies infact I'd say they are one of the most versatile.

:hmm:All's I knows is,...back in the day,...early 1980s,...if I had access to some of the incredibly physically gifted, purpose bred, deer catchers, that are available today,...no fecking way would I be wasting such valuable nightly earners,.. on silly scabby auld foxes and suchlike,... :no:

FFS :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 4

To find out what the best daytime dog is for a particular quarry, just have a look at what the lads are using that are flat out at it......there's a reason why they have a certain type of dog, it's because they are keen and won't settle for anything less than a dog that is perfect for what they want. Lads that are doing a 600 mile round trip wouldn't be wasting their time with a dog that isn't much good..... DON'T confuse daytime and nighttime...different kettles of fish......Only MHO.

• Like 2

Fetch one here come winter & if it catches i will run bare arsed around the town at noon on a Saturday..daytime,hows that?

Best take a stretcher for carrying it off the mountain ha ha ha its feet will look like they've been hit with a sledgehammer ha

• Like 1

IMG_8909_zpszoqoiizd.jpg

I'm very content these days to hunt deer without a dog,still get lots of buzz,trying to find them & get a few pics of them,still trying to use a bit of stealth & cunning in the process,buggers are difficult to spot at times,hard to see 7 Red Deer on this PIC but they are there

i hunted deer in the fells for years without a dog and could not even get a decent pic of them.

18033977_438438476509315_818433078973164